RS Medical JOB DESCRIPTION
Reports To (position):
04 Sales Workers
February 1, 2018
The Area Representative is responsible for both individual and territorial contribution as well as assist in management of up to three direct reports as business dictates. Facilitates the sale of RS Medical (RSM) products and services to Veteran Affairs and Department of Defense hospitals and medical clinics. Develops and maintains strong relationships with key clinicians, purchasing agents and associated staff while targeting new accounts or clinicians for revenue growth.
The Area Representative represents RSM products exclusively and receives a base salary, monthly commission, expense reimbursement, 401k(with matching),medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance, voluntary life and AD&D insurance, voluntary short-term and long-term disability programs and paid vacation and sick time.
- Manages account relationships in a defined territory;
- Assists in management of up to three Field Service Representatives as business dictates;
- Conducts business which is compliant with regulations and contracts covering the rental and/or sale of RSM products and services;
- Instructs patients, health care providers and staff on the use of RSM products
- Ensures all required order information is submitted correctly to home office;
- Utilizes CRM to manage and document all Prospecting, Sales Process, Account Updates, Patient Instruction, Administrative and Travel activities
- Implements marketing and product programs, as assigned;
- Completes all training, as assigned;
- Manages inventory of assigned RSM products consistent with Company policy and procedures;
- Attends local/regional meetings, exhibits and additional training as assigned.
Experience / Qualifications
- College degree or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- VA/DOD sales experience a plus
- U.S Veteran/Armed Forces Reserve a plus
- Proven ability to manage a defined sales territory;
- Maintains solid relationships with a focus on exceptional service;
- Proven ability to promote and detail complex/innovative medical technologies;
- Proven success in presenting new products using effective sales processes and tools;
- Strong knowledge of key influencers and decision-makers in a medical clinic or hospital setting;
- Ability to develop, maintain and nurture effective working relationships within assigned accounts and territories;
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and possesses the highest level of integrity;
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Proficient in the use of PC software applications including Microsoft Office and CRM; Salesforce.com a plus;
- Ability to independently manage tasks and set priorities;
- Maintains a valid Driver's license and current automobile insurance.
Area Representatives work remotely. Requires frequent or continuous periods of talking, sitting and repetitive motion of the hands/wrists, and good general vision and hearing. May also require occasional standing, walking, reaching, grasping and handling. Must be able to move and lift as much as 25 pounds of product and materials over short distances and height. Requires frequent traveling by car or other mode of transportation up to 70%. May require working long or extended hours. May be exposed to patients with infectious diseases. Must meet hospital credentialing requirements, e.g. Reptrax, Vendormate, etc.