Region Manager - North Central
Allsteel, an industry leader in workplace furnishings and a top brand in the HNI Corporation enterprise, is in search of a Regional Sales Manager to join our team in Denver, CO!
As a Regional Sales Manager, you will manage the promotion of Allsteel products and services in a designated Region, lead and supervise a regional team including A&D Specialists/Managers, Market Specialists, Market Development Managers, and Business Development Managers.
Some of the essential aspects of the position include:
Experience/Education Required and/or Preferred
- Supervise, coordinate, provide leadership and review work of assigned members. Conduct performance evaluations and recommend merit increases, promotions, transfers, corrective actions and other personnel actions. Interview and recommend candidates for employment. Drive member engagement.
- Develops and leads sales strategy for Region through collective team input to achieve overall regional goals aligned to Corporate strategy and initiatives.
- Implements an effective regional growth strategy to achieve assigned revenue and new product objectives including networking, lead generation, deal flow, RFPs and win/loss data.
- Analyzes win/loss data and adjusts strategy and resources as necessary.
- Coaches team to the creation of a strategy for targeted projects by identifying key economic drivers, buying models and influencers. Coaches team through steps of the deal flow.
- Drives OI Leverage by effectively managing cost /profitability of region to company goals.
- Coaches and develops sales team with the objective of building a high performance strategic sales force.
- Coaches direct reports for both deal-level guidance (specific sales opportunities) as well as skill-level capabilities.
- Coaches high potential members to develop leadership skills and provide bench strength to the organization.
- Leads team to strong understanding of financial impact of deals, including product mix, discount, resources required, etc.
- Identifies precise and tailored development areas for team members and fosters ongoing learning of target behaviors and knowledge.
- Recruits, manages, trains and motivates direct reporting staff according to company procedures and policy.
- Ensures transparency of Allsteel strategy, decisions, changes and other information. Creates open dialogue regarding upward and downward feedback.
- Sets, communicates and tracks aggressive and meaningful goals for self and members on team to achieve strategic initiatives. Ensures members are aware of goals are tracking progress utilizing the Member Access system.
- Develops relationships and capabilities of dealer distributors within region. Works with Dealer Principal and team to create development plan for dealer staff.
- Identifies distribution coverage gaps and makes recommendations as appropriate.
- Oversees the assessment and development of dealer capabilities, ensures Dealers are fully trained and are tracking to key dealer initiatives.
- Understands assigned geography, distribution channels and customer base in order to build mutually beneficial customer relationships.
- Resolves conflict within region with members, dealers, influencers and end users.
- Ensures accurate forecasting by overseeing the identification, tracking and development of sales opportunities within designated territory clients by utilizing various tools and techniques and tracks within the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool.
- Works with multiple departments and members to effectively increase market share including, Finance, Bids, Proposals, Customer Service, etc.
- Participate in activities as appropriate to ensure the success of the organization.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required and/or Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, marketing, or related field or equivalent experience required.
- An accomplished sales leader with an exceptional sales record.
- More than 5 years of successful sales and sales management experience.
- MBA preferred.
- Previous experience in office furniture manufacturing preferred.
Physical Effort and Working ConditionsPrimary focus on direct customer interaction:
- Proven negotiation and relationship skills.
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop members to meet objectives.
- Strong financial and business acumen.
- Reside in territory of Denver, CO.
- Primary working location will be in an office environment where low volume noise is on-going.
- Sitting/standing at work station for up to the entire scheduled work day.
- Majority of office time spent on a computer system.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to lift sample product into car/truck
- No special safety equipment is needed.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Why HNI Corporation?
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer of workplace furnishings and building products, operating under two segments. The workplace furnishings segment is a leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings, going to market under multiple unique brands. The residential building products segment is the nation’s leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products, which include a full array of gas, electric, wood, and pellet-burning fireplaces, inserts, stoves, facings, and accessories.
As one of the larger employers in Iowa, HNI Corporation has been ranked by Industry Week magazine as one of the “Top 100 Best Managed Companies in the World”, by Fortune magazine as “The Most Admired Company” in the furniture industry; and named by Chief Executive Magazine as one of the world’s best companies for leadership development.
Allsteel, headquartered in Muscatine, Iowa and recently named as an “Iowa Top Workplace”, is a leading brand of HNI Corporation. At Allsteel, we believe that our office furniture products should address and solve workplace problems. Our furniture is made to improve productivity, make offices more efficient, increase comfort and make day-to-day tasks that much easier. We've worked collaboratively with some of America's leading designers, including Mitch Bakker, Bruce Fifield, Marcus Koepke, and BMW Group DesignworksUSA. Our product work often wins awards from the Industrial Designers Society of America, the International Interior Design Association, the American Institute of Architects, and Best of NeoCon, and is frequently recognized by design and architectural magazines.
We invite you to visit us at www.HNICorp.com for the best visual overview of our organization.