Performs tasks related to the collection of cost data required to monitor project budget and estimates. Requires the selection and application of resource monitoring and control principles, techniques and technical knowledge of construction project.
What you will be doing
- Meets with engineering and field crews to review production schedule and confirm all materials, equipment and resources are readily available for production to continue on schedule and within budget.
- Reviews all shop drawings, design specifications, material requirements and project data through the duration of the project to ensure quality and contract specification compliance.
- Provides technical input for project work plan and scheduling. Identifying risk elements of production, materials, equipment or process that could negatively impact the budget or schedule.
- Evaluates daily production, schedule and budget projections to accurately track project performance. Documents daily activities in Company approved methods and technologies.
- Updates project schedule weekly for owner and management reporting. Attends weekly owner meetings; presents on project production status as needed.
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction.
- Prepares and manages a three-week work plan. Notifies engineering and project management of any significant schedule changes and develops solutions to mitigate delays and cost.
- Initiates and manages all Requests for Information (RFIs), as needed by project.
- Remits accurate project quantities using assigned project cost coding to ensure project financials are accurately reported. Manages invoicing with Company accounting team regarding materials, equipment and subcontractor needs.
- Supports engineering team with quality assurance as needed. Reviews certificates and permits needed to perform work. Participates in all worksite tours with leadership or external parties.
- Reviews required Job Hazard Analysis (JHAs) to ensure a safe and compliance work environment for all construction personnel. Participates in all weekly safety meetings with field team and project leadership; presents field analysis as needed.
- Assists the estimating team with project schedule, budget and cost parameters by providing technical input as needed.
- Assists the development of design drawings and provides technical input, as needed.
- Coordinates subcontractor work methods, schedule and crews as needed.
- Reconciles job close-out checklist with owner representative and field crews at the end of the project.
- Maintains knowledge of Company values and strategic plan.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field required.
- 3+ years construction engineering experience required.
- Experience in resource monitoring techniques (i.e. cost accounting, basic estimating) and construction technology, process systems and/or structures preferred.
- Able to identify budget and project costs and recommend options to mitigate project delays.
- Possess verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of design build and other alternative build techniques.
- Knowledge of financial reporting methods, quantity tracking methods and cost coding.
- Knowledge of construction scheduling and production time management preferred.
- Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate effectively with others.
Why work for us
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
We are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.