Program Manager (Initiative Delivery)
System One is currently seeking an Program Manager (Initiative Delivery) for a contract position located in Denver, CO.
- Takes end to end responsibility for delivery of the programs within the Advanced Grid Initiative focusing on the following areas:
- Day to Day Initiative Management
- Initiative Operations and Cross-Program Integration
- Schedule and Resource Management
- Dependencies and Standardization
- The role would provide ongoing look-ahead at milestones, dependencies, and other key activities that are approaching for the delivery teams in the next 6-9 months.
- Through the use of metrics and other tools such as Plan-on-a-page, the role would be able to provide early warning to schedule risks.
- Keeps Plan-on-a-page current. Ideally, the individual would have experience with grid modernization and a background in utilities and software implementation.
- Bachelors in Business or Information Technology, or related field plus a minimum of 10 years’ experience with large, multi-tower transformational program delivery in Utilities.
- Experience in AMI, ADMS, or other Advanced Grid programs would be preferred.
- Ability to identify and anticipate initiative and cross-program issues, risks and dependencies and facilitate resolution as required
- Ability to document and communicate the status of program progress against plans, identifying and driving corrective action as necessary
- Ability to manage the success of metrics defined by the program and the organization
- Ability to define, implement, and maintain program process guidance (e.g., program plan and subordinate plans), tailoring organizational processes as needed
- Ability to negotiate changes to commitments/requirements
- Ability to manage large teams to drive integration across multiple programs.
- Understanding and Project Management functional use of MS Office products including MS Project application
- Ability to review program deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established program standards
- Ability to frame and participate in leadership level discussions
- Ability to review ongoing and proposed programs to identify opportunities for reuse and process improvement
- Ability to identify, clarify, and resolve issues and risks, escalating them as needed
Contract Duration: 12 months
Project Location: Denver, CO
Pay Rate: $82.50- $95.45