Our people love the exciting and meaningful work they do, the cutting-edge resources and technology they have access to, the benefits we offer and the great community we've built. Want to join them?
Main purpose of the role & responsibilities in the business:
As a Programme Office Assistant (Associate) at Kainos, you'll be responsible for ensuring that a high-quality service is provided to the Project Management and Operations capabilities within the Digital Services business unit, demonstrating best practice throughout. You will provide administrative support for our engagements and will have a key role in the efficient management and delivery of these projects.
You'll work as part of the Digital Services Operations PMO team and report into the Operations Manager. It's a fast-paced environment so it is important for you to ensure that workload is prioritised, and tasks completed in a timely manner.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Setting up projects and carrying out the ongoing administration and maintenance within systems.
- Assisting with revenue and cost recognition.
- Assisting with managing project financials and reporting.
- Be responsible for Timesheet and Expense claim approvals.
- Assisting with month end invoicing.
- Routing and delegation of PMO support requests.
- Managing weekly timesheet completion (project specific).
- Dispatching invoices.
- Helping with routing and delegation of PMO support requests.
- Working with client PMO teams to ensure projects run smoothly.
- Taking on other ad-hoc administration duties.
Minimum (essential) requirements
- Good computer skills including MS Office including excel spreadsheet skills, and the ability to pick up new software applications
- Excellent organisational skills and confidence in acting as the first point of contact by managing the teams group e-mail and arranging initial meetings with project managers.
- Ability to carry out responsibilities in accordance with company policies, procedures and processes.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness and understanding of project and business dynamics.
- Effective personal time management and planning skills to deliver a high level of accuracy and attention to detail in tight timeframes/targets.
- Ability to work efficiently, make sensible decisions under pressure, and prioritise your workload in a fast-paced environment
- A self-starter who can work on their own initiatives with minimal supervision but escalate as required
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with both staff and external stakeholders
- We all work in teams here in Kainos – a proven ability of strong team skills, including taking direction from others, is crucial
- Previous Administration experience in a relevant working environment with an approachable, personable, dynamic, collaborative style.
- Experience as a Project Coordinator, Project Assistant, PMO Associate, PMO Officer, PMO Coordinator or PMO Assistant or Project Management exposure
- Experience with PSA software (e.g. Kimble or Workday)
- Ability to use charts, pivots, and formulas in Excel
WHO YOU ARE:
Our vision is to enable outstanding people to create digital solutions that have a positive impact on people's lives. Our values aren't abstract; they are the behaviours we expect from each other every day and underpin everything that we do. We expect everyone to display our values by being determined in how obstacles are overcome; honest when dealing with others; respectful of how you treat others; creative to find solutions to complex problems and cooperative by sharing information, knowledge and experience. These values, applied collectively, help to produce an outstanding Kainos person, team and culture.