Requisition Number: PETAD01326
Are you compassionate about animals and have a desire to speak for those who cannot?
For over 100 years, the Dumb Friends League has been working to end pet homelessness and animal suffering by providing a strong and steadfast voice for those who cannot speak for themselves. As the largest community-based animal welfare organization in the region, we care for more than 20,000 homeless pets and horses each year at our four facilities and are a national model in animal welfare.
- Deliver high-level customer service to the League’s patrons.
- Provide daily animal relinquishment, stray, and evaluation services.
- Provide end-of-life care for animals at their owner’s request.
- Interview patrons to gather information to create animal records in Chameleon database.
- Manage emotionally difficult situations with strong communication skills.
- Provide information about League resources and programs.
- Prepare and reconcile statements of daily financial transactions.
- Safely handle, restrain, and move animals. This includes coordination and movement to address contagion concerns.
- Perform basic behavior and health evaluation to determine path of animal.
- Administer vaccinations and preventative medications.
- Communicate with other departments to coordinate and assist with care of shelter animals.
- Contribute to and lead initiatives to improve processes and procedures.
- Clean and sanitize evaluation and intake areas.
- Perform euthanasia and related tasks.
Benefits – Please visit our website for a comprehensive list of all offered benefits.
- Benefits (medical, dental, and vision)
- Flexible spending accounts
- League-paid Life and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday Pay
Compensation: Starting at $15 per hour (starting pay commensurate with market, experience, and equity)