Patient Care Coordinator - Rose Pediatrics, Denver
OnPoint Medical Group is searching for an outstanding Patient Care Coordinator to join our team at Rose Pediatrics, Denver! Come join a great group of medical professionals as our network continues to grow!
OnPoint Medical Group is a physician-led network of skilled Primary and Urgent care providers who are committed to expanding access to quality healthcare in the most effective and affordable manner possible.
Our “Circle of Care“ has one primary goal – to ensure the health and wellness of members and their families. We do this by providing access to a comprehensive menu of medical services from one unified physician group in their neighborhoods. With doctors, nurses, specialists, labs and medical records all interlinked and coordinated, patient care has never been in better hands.
The Patient Care Coordinator works in the front office of OnPoint Medical Group’s medical clinics. This position is responsible to greet patients, answer phone calls timely, activate patient files, and move patients through a pre-determined protocol to ensure a smooth visit with the clinic providers. This position is required to provide excellent customer service to new and existing patients as this position is often the first interaction that a patient has with OnPoint Medical Group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following statements are illustrative of the essential duties of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. We retain the right to modify or change the essential and additional functions of the job at any time.
- Responsible for greeting incoming patients in person or over the phone in a friendly and professional manner.
- Completes pre visit planning including but not limited to, contacting patient for updated insurance, completing insurance verification and updating patient record.
- Responsible to registering new patients and verifying patient information is correct for existing patients.
- Collecting co-pays and payments when needed.
- Responsible to answer inbound calls to schedule patients as well as act as liaison to clinical staff for patient questions.
- Completes administrative duties that ensure the patient’s visit is smooth, billing can be processed in a timely manner, and the front office remains clutter-free and organized.
- Responsible for completing outbound calls to patients to schedule appointments.
- Performs duties to achieve or exceed established service standards.
- Maintains confidentiality and follows HIPAA guidelines.
- Punctual and regular attendance is an essential responsibility at OMG.
- Follow instructions and respond to management direction.
- Ability to work in a group but complete assigned tasks individually.
- Ability to complete individual assigned tasks as well as complete the tasks for the success of the clinic.
- Works well with people and can display empathy appropriately.
- Ability to actively listen and respond appropriately.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or High School Equivalency
- Strong computer skills required
- Some college – medical, business, and accounting focus
- Customer Service Experience
- Current CPR card
- 1-2 years of experience in a business office or clinical environment
- EMR experience preferred-Athenahealth practice management system
Supervisor Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Job Elements and Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to walk; sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
OnPoint Medical Group is an EEO Employer.
- Health insurance plan options for you and your dependents
- Dental, and Vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Company Paid life insurance
- Voluntary options for short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- AFLAC Plans
- Eligible for 401(k) after 6 months of employment with a 4% match that vests immediately
- PTO accrued
Salary: $17 - $21 / hour
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role.