PT Medical Assistant - Internal Medicine at Harvard Park
OnPoint Medical Group is searching for an outstanding Part-time Medical Assistant to join our team at Internal Medicine at Harvard Park! Come join a great group of medical professionals as our network continues to grow!
OnPoint Medical Group is a physician-led network of skilled Primary and Urgent care providers who are committed to expanding access to quality healthcare in the most effective and affordable manner possible.
Our “Circle of Care“ has one primary goal – to ensure the health and wellness of members and their families. We do this by providing access to a comprehensive menu of medical services from one unified physician group in their neighborhoods. With doctors, nurses, specialists, labs and medical records all interlinked and coordinated, patient care has never been in better hands.
The back office Medical Assistant assists the provider (Physician, Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner) in examination and treatment of patients by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following statements are illustrative of the essential duties of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. We retain the right to modify or change the essential and additional functions of the job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Completes intake by welcoming patients and prepares patients for healthcare visit by placing patient in exam room, obtains medical history and verifies patient’s information.
- Responsible for documenting a full and accurate set of vital signs.
- Populates all sections of the electronic medical record timely and accurately, including but not limited to allergies, medications, vaccines, social history and quality tab.
- Assists providers during examination and treatment, performing point of care tests appropriate to skill level, certifications and state regulations.
- Maintains supplies in storage areas and exam rooms.
- Disinfects, cleans treatment rooms following patient examinations; Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Conducts business in a service-oriented manner that is attentive, cooperative, sensitive and respectful with all patients, visitors and colleagues.
- Responsible for pre-visit planning per the standard operating procedure guidelines.
- Maintain all logs and required checks (i.e. refrigerator temperatures, emergency medications, expired medications, oxygen, etc.)
- Responsible to checking and addressing voicemails multiple times during the working day.
- Responsible for addressing inbox messages (buckets) in the electronic medical record for providers, provider staff and self.
- Back-up front office when needed including check in, check out, appointment scheduling and answering phones.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with vendors that support the practice.
- Follow HIPAA guidelines for all internal and external systems.
- Ability to communicate appropriately with awareness of surroundings and audience.
- Attends trainings and meetings as required.
- Ability to complete individual assigned tasks as well as completing the tasks for the success of the clinic.
- Works well with people and can display empathy appropriately.
- Ability to actively listen and respond appropriately.
- Accurately maintains medical records for patients and provider.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited healthcare program, i.e. Medical Assistant, CNA, LPN, EMT or equivalent work experience required
- Maintain certifications per state guidelines
- Nationally recognized as a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) strongly preferred
- Strong computer skills required. EMR experience preferred
- Some MA Experience required
- Current BLS card
- 1-3 years of experience in Family or Pediatrics
- Athenahealth practice management system
This position has no supervision responsibilities.
Job Elements and Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to walk; sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- Health insurance plan options for you and your dependents
- Dental, and Vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Company Paid life insurance
- Voluntary options for short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- AFLAC Plans
- FSA options
- Eligible for 401(k) after 6 months of employment with a 4% match that vests immediately
- Paid Time-Off earned
Salary: $18 - $25 / hour
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role.
OnPoint Medical Group is and EEO Employer.