Matillion is data transformation for cloud data warehouses. We are a company with all 5-star customer product reviews on AWS Marketplace and all 5-star employee reviews on Glassdoor. Matillion is dual-headquartered in Manchester, UK and Denver, Colorado and we are expanding the teams across all functions globally.
As a company we are confident without arrogance, customer obsessed and care about our people and communities. With rapid growth for the rest of 2019 and all of 2020, we are looking for people to join Matillion who share our integrity, drive, and passion.
We are looking for a Partner Technical Success Manager in Denver to join #TeamGreen.
A Partner Technical Success Manager establishes the technical relationship between Matillion and key partners, from early in the shared customer engagement cycle through a successful joint GTM execution and post-sales support. The Partner Technical Success Manager's key areas of responsibility are as follows
Partner Relationship Development
- Establish and maintain trusted, high-confidence technical relationship between Matillion and partner
- Understand partner profile and requirements in supporting business strategy, sales motions, and customer opportunities
- Assess the partner’s technical understanding of Matillion ETL, and explain Matillion solutions to fit
- During Pre and post-sales, provide Partner Support: Troubleshoot cases of medium to high complexity that involve different features and products, Communicate solutions, either in person or via phone, web conferencing or email, Address partner escalations, ensuring that internal stakeholders are provided with regular updates through issue resolution
- Visit partner sites and support partner’s customer engagement on-site as necessary
- Communicating effectively back to Matillion any technical concerns, issues, or opportunities involving the specific partner or partners in general
- Participate in technology partner roadmap discussion, working with Matillion’s Product Management team as necessary
Partner/Customer Engagement (Product demonstrations)
- Host product demonstration sessions; either in person on partner site, or web conferencing
- Communicate and demonstrate the Matillion ETL’s concepts, features, functionality, ecosystem with CDWs and other tech alliances, roadmap, advantages and best practices, especially in consideration of each partner’s unique goals and needs in the wider context of adopting a new data warehouse/BI platform
- Answer technical and how-to questions, and educating partners on Matillion’s support, community, knowledge base, and other resources
Pre-sales and Discovery
- Provide advice to partners’ specific goals and needs; either in person on partner site, or web conferencing
- Getting the product set up
- Advising on best practices of the product
- Establish user onboarding & education needs
Technical Training, Development, and Certification
- Delivering training courses, either in person or remotely. Training courses may include presentations, live demos, and conducting hands-on workshops
- Ensure that partners are aware of existing or self-guided training and development resources
- Ensure that partners are aware of and compliant with technical certification requirements
Technical support and problem escalation
- Provide proactive support to partners, either on-site or else via direct email or phone calls
- Manage partners’ escalations, ensuring that internal stakeholders are provided with regular updates through issue resolution
Post Sales Consultancy
- Provide personalized assistance to help partners succeed; either in person, or via web conferencing
- Build example jobs
- Answer questions on best practices
- Help with specific use cases or source integrations
- Monitor project outcomes to satisfactory conclusion
Internal and external Marketing
- Promoting and explaining the product internally to other business units while on partner site
- Finding and documenting relevant use cases
- Hosting and participating in joint webinars
- Identifying areas of possible product improvement
- Representing Matillion at partner events nationally or internationally; Staffing the booth, Answering questions from partners/the public, Giving ad hoc product demonstrations
- Attending partner user group meetings
- Attending partner field marketing event
Personal Capabilities Required
- Ability to travel
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- A flexible and versatile approach, needed to handle the wide range of aspects involved in the role (including marketing, sales enablement, technical support, digital content, product feedback etc)
Essential knowledge and skills
- Depth of experience and track record in technology partnerships: product & service relationships, dependencies, communication, structures
- Experienced in ETL and Data Integration involving SQL
- Strong consultative skills: building trust and confidence working on-site with partner and customer end-users
- Very solid technical background, with hands-on experience delivering solutions using one of the MPP databases: Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery, Teradata, Netezza or Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Knowledge of one or more of the cloud computing platforms: AWS, GCP or Azure
- Ability to communicate effectively to, and translate between, technical and business audiences
Desirable knowledge and skills
- Understanding of the Matillion deployment stack: Linux, Bash, Tomcat, Postgres, MongoDB, SQL
- Working knowledge of Python or Java
- Understanding of Network security fundamentals
- Experience with the software development lifecycle, under different project management styles
Find out more about Matillion
Our purpose-built data transformation products for Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, and Snowflake are trusted by over 500+ businesses all over the world, including GE, Siemens, Converse and Citrix, making us an industry leader. Businesses are generating more data than ever before, across a variety of source systems. They need new and more efficient ways of consolidating and transforming your data sources in order to make better, more informed decisions and in turn, gain competitive advantage. Matillion helps businesses of all sizes handle the variety, volume, and velocity of their data, by transforming data across various sources into cloud data warehouses.
When we hire at Matillion, we hire people not roles. We are interested in growing our team whilst protecting our culture, with dedicated and passionate individuals who share our values. The Matillion values are the same across all roles, functions, and geographies.
1. We are Confident without Arrogance: We take pride in what we do but we stay humble.
2. We work with Integrity: We have a strong moral compass; we are transparent, and we hold ourselves accountable.
3. We are Customer Obsessed: We will always go above and beyond, to listen to, acknowledge and value our customers.
4. We Innovate and Demand Quality: We believe no product, process or individual is finished.
5. We have a Bias for Action: We get things done...in a considered way
6. We Care about our People and our Communities: We treat people how we would like to be treated
We are keen to hear from prospective employees, so please apply and a member of our People Operations team will be in touch!