The Contractor Direct Specialist (CDS) Outside Sales Representative is the face of Resideo to Contractors in an assigned geographical territory. The CDS Outside Sales Representative's responsibilities will include driving demand for Honeywell Home / Resideo products with contractors by identifying and generating opportunities for new products and contractor conversions. Client satisfaction will be accomplished by maintaining regular contact and managing expectations. Customer relationships are developed through attending trade shows, seminars, dealer's meetings and technical training sessions. All sales calls and opportunities are maintained using our customer relationship management (CRM) tool (SalesForce.com). Competitive intelligence, market trends and forecast/demand input to Sales Inventory Operations Planning (SIOP) are a vital part of this role. The CDS Outside Sales Representative will grow their knowledge of Resideo products and sales processes in a team-based culture focused on innovation and customer satisfaction.
- Conduct technical training and new product introductions with contractors and distributor branch personnel.
- Present the Resideo story at dealer meetings, trade shows and events
- Gather competitive intelligence
- Conduct “opportunity advancing sales calls“ with contractors
- Initiate and lead customer conversion opportunities
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of contractor experience and knowledge of the HVAC industry
- A broad knowledge of sales processes and principals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to take initiative and work with limited direction
- Strong influence skills at the operational level
- Experience selling industrial, or technical products
- Ability to connect with various customer personalities
- Understanding of the Resideo value proposition and competitive landscape