Navigation Clinicians work with all program customers including clients, staff and members of the community to assess, link, and follow up on identified resources and service needs at Jefferson Center and in the community. They assist individuals entering into services by completing an initial behavioral health assessment and connecting to intake appointments. Navigators empower customers to access identified resources and assist with navigating systems of care to meet identified outcomes. Navigators provide a wide array of clinical services from a generalist perspective and are experts on community resources and benefits.
- Navigation Clinicians work with all program customers including Jefferson Center clients, staff members, and members of the community to assess, link, and follow up on identified resources internally and in the community. Empowers customers to access identified resources and assists with navigating systems of care to meet identified outcomes.
- Provides triage of unenrolled callers. Determines eligibility for services based on established Jefferson Center criteria as determined by payor source. Gathers and records demographic data and initial mental health information for callers. Schedules intake appointments to eligible callers, or provides referrals to Same Day Access, in accordance with established Jefferson Center procedures.
- Works with Jefferson Center clients assigned to the Navigation Network level of care and Housing Team to provide case/care management and other brief services as needed, and provides support to all Navigation programs. Enacts outreach and engagement strategies to special populations.
- Knowledgeable about Jefferson Center and community resources and builds relationships with providers to assist in a seamless referral process. Works to develop effective ways to research, update and communicate these resources to Navigation customers. Navigators are experts regarding community resources and benefits.
- Maintains a positive focus and excellent customer service skills towards consumers, Jefferson Center staff, and the community. Works from a strength based, recovery based perspective and takes cultural considerations into account when appropriate. Effectively responds to client/consumer needs and problems, initiates and maintains positive interactions, timely response to phone calls, pages, email and other requests.
- Documents all contacts according to Jefferson Center and Navigation Program standards while meeting productivity standards as identified by the Network Director.
- Responsible for the coordination and/or completion of needed paperwork including pre-screens, releases of information, and other needed documentation.
- Responsible for coordination of care with community providers and other departments within Jefferson Center to assure clients are receiving the appropriate level of care. This includes monitoring referrals in and out of the program and to outside resources. Maintains professional standards and provides appropriate follow-up for consumers.
- Exhibits enthusiasm, courtesy, adaptability, flexibility, and spirit of cooperation in the work environment.
- Maintains effective interpersonal relationships with consumers, peers, subordinates, upper management, visitors and the general public.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize concerns, and effectively manage time independently.
- Attends mandatory in-services, compliance with individualized training plan if required.
- Participates in supervision by coming prepared with an agenda. Reports high risk/problem cases, and utilizes a problem solving approach as well as feedback. Attends supervision at times and intervals agreed upon with supervisor.
- Submits 90% of all SRFs/Progress-to-Date forms within 3 working days (team specific).
- Completes 95% of all paperwork by the due date.
- Meets required number of consumer service hours or other measures of productivity as determined by Network Director.
- Works cooperatively with other community agencies, as appropriate, and in agreement with supervisor. Volunteers to work on Center committees and/or task forces.
- Participate in Evidenced Based Practices and other agency initiatives including Trauma Informed Care, Whole Health as well as other best practices.
- Navigation Clinicians will be held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
- Master's degree (from an accredited university/college) in mental health or related field.
- License (LCSW, LMFT, LPC) preferred.
Required Work Experience:
- One or more years of experience in a mental health setting.
- Consistent evidence of timely and accurate work products required to be considered for hiring.