Strive for excellence. Focus on people. Invest in the future.
At First Western, these values guide us in all that we do: be it client facing, among our own associates, or within our community. Here, you will have the opportunity to be part of a fast growing company that needs driven, proactive associates. Our success is built on strong teamwork and a commitment to client service.
If you have at least two years recent experience in residential mortgage underwriting (bank environment) and you want to continue your career with a stable, growing company in the DTC area, apply with us today!
Summary of Job:
Evaluate and render credit decisions on loan requests for 1-4 family residential loans, using a defined methodology that meets Bank, agency, mortgage insurer, and investor credit policies and underwriting standards.
- Analyze credit strength, employment profile, assets, collateral, and all other pertinent information for Jumbo, Conventional, Government, USDA Rural Housing, and Bank portfolio programs.
- Render credit decisions in alignment with internal, investor and insurer underwriting guidelines.
- Partner with MLOs and mortgage loan processors on complex and/or exception transactions.
- Adhere to all department service level standards for communication, production, turn-times and compliance.
- Prioritize daily workflow from a queue-based system to maximize efficiencies.
- Complete daily, monthly, and/or quarterly reporting as required.
- Underwrite up to 60 new files each month, in addition to reviewing and clearing file resubmissions and conditions.
- Maintain current knowledge of and comply with all applicable laws and regulations, policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 5+ years of recent residential mortgage underwriting experience in a bank environment
- FHA Direct Endorsement underwriting authority required; VA LAPP/SAR and USDA underwriting authority preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; experience with Encompass preferred
- Must be well-versed in underwriting all income types, including ability to complete accurate income calculations from 1120, 1120S and 1065 returns; exceptional knowledge of FNMA/FHLMC underwriting guidelines; thorough knowledge of all current regulatory requirements including but not limited to TILA/RESPA, Reg B, ECOA, and MDIA; proficient in DU/DO and LP; strong analytical, written and verbal communications skills; detail-oriented; ability to prioritize complex and diverse responsibilities and multi-task in a fast-paced environment; ability to identify and analyze risk factors that may compromise overall loan quality; ability to work independently and with a team; ability to use discretion when making business decisions.
- Knowledge of GUS and Bond programs
Interested in learning more and seeing how we connect?
First Western Financial, Inc. is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our associates. EOE/AA Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran