Complex problems. Inspired solutions.
Job Title: Lead Mechanical Engineer – Generator Design (Remote)
Who we are
Syncroness provides inspired solutions to highly complex business and technical problems. We focus on accelerating time-to-market and ensuring a profitable outcome for our clients.
By providing a full complement of engineering services aligned to the entire product lifecycle, Syncroness enables companies to accelerate product development and drive more predictability and productivity into their businesses. Working with Syncroness, companies gain the critical insights necessary to develop products that make a difference and create a better world.
What we are looking for - The Lead Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the design of hydro generator mechanical components for installed-based projects. They will also be responsible to give technical support for supply chain and site activities related to hydro generators.
This position is remote and can be located anywhere in the USA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Deliver design work packages for installed based projects using technical guidelines, feedback of experience (FOE);
- Perform mechanical engineering design of hydro generator new components such as rotors, stators, bearings and brackets;
- Perform mechanical engineering analyses, procedures and reports for refurbishment of hydro generator components;
- Collaborate with other engineering COEs (Center Of Excellence) worldwide;
- Participate & Launch design review meetings with other COEs and consulting Engineers.
- Supervise the work of design engineers and draftsmen to Deliver design calculations, technical specifications, drawings and BOM’s.
- Deliver purchase requests to supply chain.
- Apply rules and concepts for reliability, quality, safety and cost.
- Collaborate with and assist project engineering managers in project execution.
- Lead a team of 3-4 Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Techs, and Draftsman
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Mechanical Engineering
- Strong skills in strength of materials,
- Good knowledge of non-destructive examinations methods, materials and welding
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in generator mechanical design (stators, rotors, bearings, brackets)
1 | Page
syncroness headquarters•10875 dover st westminster, colorado 80021•303.429.5005•www.syncroness.com