Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 80 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect – improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are a certified B Corporation, which enables and commits us to put our values into action.
We are seeking a Lead Data Analyst (Management Track) to help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and for the planet. We help our clients succeed by providing them with on-going reports and understanding of their data to inform business decisions, deliver energy savings, and achieve financial targets. We also contribute to the public sector by providing regulators, Attorneys General, and other government stakeholders with data that they rely on to make key decisions.
What you get to do:
- You will lead a diverse team of reporting and data analysis professionals to design, build, and execute a catalog of customer-facing operational and financial reports.
- You will be responsible for recruiting, hiring, managing, and retaining your team.
- You will build relationships across the Uplight team, developing a business knowledge of each of our product lines and the engineering and product management teams.
- You will work directly with Sales and Customer Success teams to develop a working knowledge of customers and develop a process for evaluating reporting requests and generating operational output.
- You will act as player/coach with your team, identifying growth areas for each member and collaborating with the Staff Data Analyst (Technical Track) on priorities and team strategy.
- You will work with Product Owners, Product Marketing Managers, and other internal and external stakeholders to define standard reports for each product and lead strategic initiatives for standardization and build out of additional functionality for reporting.
What you will contribute:
- You will develop an overall strategic vision for your team and partner with our Staff Data Analyst Product and Engineering leaders to drive/define the technical infrastructure for the reporting system.
- You will inspire and mentor your team to innovate regularly, leveraging new technologies and approaches to solving new and existing issues.
- You will oversee all reports delivered on a recurring basis while managing evolving priorities and skill development projects to help the team scale.
- You will increase the output and success of your team via automation of standard reports.
- You will project-manage rollout of standardized reports including internal and external communications.
Skill and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first. If you feel you might belong on our team, we invite you to apply even if your work history doesn't perfectly fit the criteria below.
What you bring to Uplight:
- 5+ years of direct management experience in a technology or software environment
- 5+ years of experience in a data analysis or reporting environment
- Proven ability to think operationally, including defining and managing to SLAs, tracking and reporting on operational volume, and providing regular updates to stakeholders
- Ability to work at strategic and highly detailed level, supporting both Executive-level discussions and Customer Success-level explanations
- Proven experience leading complex escalations through cross-functional teams, prioritizing the needs of the customer while balancing the impact on internal teams.
- Comfort working in highly ambiguous environments and the confidence and presence to lead an audience of diverse (and often divided) stakeholders to a solution
- Patient, communicative, team player who is detail-oriented and has outstanding interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, tenacity, and fortitude
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple short- and long-term projects of varying scopes with customers
- Fluency with Windows and Mac operating systems and web technologies
- Vigorous communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25%, as needed (Post-COVID)
- Experience working with outsourced/offshore teams, and teams across multiple locations and time zones is a plus
- Experience in the utility industry with an understanding of the motivations and complexities each may bring to the relationship
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
- We are proud to be over 300+ rebels with an important cause to help create a more sustainable planet
- We are committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities
- We provide unlimited PTO, with a suggested baseline of 4 weeks per year
- We provide excellent benefits that kick in on day 1, along with a generous 401k match
Salary Range: $95,000 to $103,500 (dependent upon experience)
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.