This is Part Time (PT) on-call position with varying hours.
Are you comfortable talking to a stranger? Do you like to hear about people's life experiences and how they interpret our world? If so, consider applying for our Field Interviewer position. This is a great opportunity for a fun part time job that pays well.
The Field Interviewer is responsible for collecting data by directly interacting with visitors and community members. The data collected is used to help the Museum better understand current and prospective visitors and community members, guide programming and exhibitions, and ensures that the Museum is a responsive, inclusive institution.
- Observes visitor behavior within or outside of the Museum.
- Administers surveys and questionnaires.
- Interviews visitors and community members about their experiences/perceptions/ideas.
- Accurately enters data as assigned.
- Represents the Museum in a positive and professional manner while interacting with visitors and community members.
- Actively participates in data collection by promptly responding to requests for shifts and reliably showing up for 1 shift per month.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) may be required depending on audience outreach.
- Ability to travel to other locations in the Denver area may be required.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required.
Ideal Candidate will have:
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Willingness to help with additional shifts as needed.
Perks of Working at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science:
- Free access to Museum exhibits, IMAX, and Gates Planetarium
- Free local admission to The Denver Zoo, The Denver Art Museum, The Denver Botanic Gardens, and Fort Collins Museum of Discovery
- Free RTD ECO pass
- Alternative transportation (ECOmmute) rewards program
- On-site activities (run club, yoga, Spanish language)
- American Alliance of Museums Membership (AAM)
- Click here to see the full range of benefits offered at DMNS!
- We love science.
- We are curious, creative and playful.
- We cultivate relationships with each other, diverse communities, the environment and for our future.
- We think critically and act with empathy.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by November 22, 2019. Resumes will not be accepted after this time.
Applications may only be accepted electronically via the Museum's website www.dmns.org. Due to the high volume of people who apply, we are not able to respond to specific inquiries regarding your application status.
The Denver Museum of Nature & Science is an equal opportunity employer. The Museum is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to serving the needs of all our visitors and we encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds.