The Field Account Manager IV work actively with the Account Executives assigned to the distributor to develop relationships at the top and deep within the client's organization. The Field Account Manager III also work closely with Distributor Account Sales Team to support our principal's needs as well as those of the distributor. This individual must know and maintain a wide network of industry contacts for seeking out new business opportunities. The Field Account Manager IV must earn the respect of the distributor so when they are asked by principals who they would recommend for a line.
- Working closely with the Account Executive and Division Manager to discuss openly new business opportunities. These opportunities may include new launch items; existing line penetration; Dead Wood…slow moving items; conversions; competitive reconnaissance; marketing; end user retention; lost customer reports; couponing strategies; successes and challenges.
- Understands the client business as well as what the client does and leverage that knowledge to sell new business.
- Develop and implement strategic business sales plans, promotional planning and activity.
- Maintain a wide network of industry contacts; gain the respect and loyalty of the Sales management team, VP of Sales, the Distributor Account Managers.
- Follow up, timely responses, and sales successes will breed continued opportunity.
- Maintain with the assistance of the Account Executive the stock status sheets for each of our principals. Communicate any changes of usage positive or negative.
- Coordinate sales calls and meetings. Make sure they are effective for lead generation and follow up to previous opportunities.
- Provide support for the Account Executive in food show planning and execution.
- Provide results on an “as needed basis“ manufactures request updates regularly.
- Interact with our principals, share successes and challenges.
- Be able to address quality control issues and what the Principals “process“ is for resolving.
- Participate in principal work visits and have a prepared itinerary a week in advance.
- 10+ years with Foodservice industry, preferably as either a broker rep or distributor rep required or equivalent education.
- Must possess the ability to develop strong client relationships;
- Must be able to analyze and implement Acosta's sales and marketing strategies;
- Must be a team player and possess the ability to work autonomously;
- Self- motivation and passion for results;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build rapport;
- A positive, professional, and proactive attitude
- Organizational , execution, timely response and follow-through skills;
- Advanced knowledge of the Intelligency CRM System;
- Excellent communication skills including excellent phone, voicemail and email skills.
- Must have a valid driver's license
Acosta Sales & Marketing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
By submitting your application you agree with and accept the Acosta Privacy Statement and Terms of Conditions.