Director of Revenue
About SugarCRM, Inc.
SugarCRM is a customer experience (CX) leader enabling businesses to create profitable customer relationships by delivering highly relevant, personalized experiences throughout the customer journey. We empower companies to strengthen existing customer relationships, create new ones through actionable insights and intelligent automation and better understand the customer at every stage of the journey. This enables businesses to accelerate demand generation, grow revenue, deliver superior customer care and increase loyalty. Our easy-to-use, intuitive platform makes customer experience easy and accessible for everyone, allowing marketing, sales and services professionals to focus on high-impact, value-adding activities that create customers for life.
SugarCRM will continue to offer a flexible workplace supporting employees interested in either working in one of our physical offices, working from home, or working from a combination of the two. Please work with your recruiter to understand any location constraints of a particular role and to communicate your location preferences.
The Senior Revenue Manager will be responsible for overseeing global GAAP revenue (revenue recognition processes and revenue reporting under ASC 606) as well as the Accounts Receivable, Billing, and Collections functions. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication, organizational, time management and analytical skills. Additionally, the Senior Revenue Manager will have a positive, “can do” attitude, and will be someone who is ready to jump in, connect the dots, and make things happen – when something isn’t working, you shift gears quickly, and come up with a new approach with renewed energy to tackle the challenge. This position will require an individual who is all about teamwork and is energized by helping others to excel in their roles.
- Support sales team during deal negotiations as needed; advise on transaction structure to align contract terms and business objectives
- Review sales orders to verify accuracy of SKU rules, list prices, SSP fair value allocations (and other fields)
- Monitor NetSuite ASC 606 postings out of Advanced Revenue Management and ensure proper revenue recognition
- Manage revenue team including Billings, Collections and Credit
- Prepare revenue and deferred revenue workbooks each month
- Continuously enhance and refine revenue close process and procedures that can scale effectively as we grow
- Mentor and develop members on the team, contribute to a positive and collaborative team culture with highest integrity and sense of ownership
- Ensure your Department achieves all monthly close process deadlines and prepares monthly flux for month end FP&A team reporting
- Maintain the Company’s revenue recognition, costs to obtain a contract, and accounts receivable policies
- Ensure compliance with key controls in the order to cash cycle, accurate GAAP reporting, and audit requirements
- Maintain a close partnership with internal and external auditors on satisfactory completion of all PBC deliverables
- Perform ad-hoc/special projects and analysis as required
- CPA or bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 7+ years of progressively responsible experience in a software organization
- ASC 606 knowledge and experience (ideally participated in 606 adoption in prior company)
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to manage priorities and execute in a fast-paced environment with attention to details
- Team player, contributes ideas in team environment, willing to support global tasks, initiatives, and detailed work as needed
- Comfortable with change, quick learner, eye for process improvement
- Accounts Receivable management experience is highly preferred
- Experience with NetSuite, ARM and Multi-Book modules
Salary Ranges: from $120,000 to $135,000 depending on experience.
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for. We also know that diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, friendly people, and inspiring work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other benefit plans including 401(k) match
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Onsite Programs, depending on location, such as Dry Cleaning, Car Washes, Massage, Yoga, and more
- Career & Personal Development Program – multi-platform
- Regular social events
- Ownership is the greatest self-identity at SugarCRM - you are making an immediate impact
- We are a merit-based company - many opportunities to learn, excel and grow your career