Requisition Number: DIREC01324
The Dumb Friends League is looking for a Director of Marketing who will inspire engagement with the organization. Applicants should be able to reach constituents through digital and traditional platforms and integrate marketing efforts across all organizational departments and locations. Essential job tasks include developing marketing plans and devising out-of-the-box strategies for engaging and inspiring supporters. If you have a history of problem-solving, innovative ideas and calculated risk-taking, we would love to hear from you.
As a successful hire, you will be responsible for providing guidance to our marketing department by evaluating and developing marketing strategies, planning and coordinating marketing efforts, communicating the marketing plans to those involved, and building awareness and positioning for our organization's brands.
Purpose of Position: Responsible for providing direction, guidance and leadership to the marketing department while promoting the mission, goals, philosophy, and services of the Dumb Friends League. This position is a combination of project management, people leadership and communications skills. Strong writing and speaking skills are coupled with the ability to manage, allocate and deliver projects in a timely manner to support League programs, campaigns and events.
· Helps create and manage overall marketing, communications and brand strategy. Communicates and guides implantation of the marketing plan
· Serves as art director on all marketing and communications efforts
· Ensures public and media relations are aligned with overall marketing and communications strategies
· Builds brand awareness and positioning
· Develops digital and traditional marketing campaigns across multiple platforms
· Spearheads efforts to increase SEO visibility
· Represents the team in key meetings and, if needed, create/deliver presentations on marketing & communications initiatives
· Develops, manages and mentors a dynamic and productive team that understands the importance of exceeding expectations
· Shares writing responsibility with other communications professionals through the development of web content for three websites, printed newsletters, the annual report and other projects, as needed
· Oversees social media marketing strategy and content marketing
· Manages team workflow and reviews all deliverables
· Works with administrative teams to develop internal communications, including the Intranet
· Collaborates with all other teams on event and campaign planning and delivery
· Develops, drafts and manages annual marketing and communications plan
· Monitors, reports on and communicates progress of plans, deliverables, and achievements. Communicates with Vice President and President and CEO on significant developments within the department
· Understands and develops budgets, including expenditures, research and development appropriations, return-on-investment and profit-loss projections
· Assists with monitoring and evaluating processes and procedures to maximize efficient uses of resources
· Uses research to develop, implement and measure strategies
People are the key to fulfilling our mission. Making internal and external patrons and their needs a primary focus is expected in all situations. This position interacts with and collaborates with employees at all levels of the organization. Communication occurs through face to face, telephone, and electronic interactions and may also include contact with the general public and League business partners. Communication and contact must be clear, understandable, cooperative, professional and respectful in all circumstances. Employees are expected to actively support a positive team environment, directly address conflict, and appropriately express concerns.
Competencies are work behaviors and expectations necessary for successful job performance. They encompass knowledge, skills, abilities, attitudes, and actions.
Organizational competencies apply to all jobs at the League; position competencies are specific to this position.
· Attention to Detail
· Managing Resources
· Technical Expertise
· Decision Making
· Results Oriented
· Time Management
· Analytical Thinking
· Financial Acumen
· Community Partnership
· Fiscal Reasonability
· Project Management
· Conflict Management
· People Development
· Strategic Thinking
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Performs work primarily in an office setting. Potentially prolonged periods of sitting and repetitive motion. May work in an area with high noise level. Potentially subject to animal bites and scratches. Exposure to cleaning chemicals, fumes, dust, animal dander, and feces. Occasional lifting with reasonable accommodation.
Benefits – Please visit our website for a comprehensive list of all offered benefits.
- Benefits (medical, dental, and vision)
- Flexible spending accounts
- League-paid Life and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday Pay
Compensation: $75,000 to $85,000 annually (starting pay commensurate with market, experience, and equity)
Please attached a cover letter an resume with your application.