Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 75 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect: improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Director, Client Solutions to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and the planet.
What you get to do:
- You will build our business and cover accounts in the Western North American markets
- You will leverage relationships and contacts while initiating and building lasting relationships with Utility customers
- You will leverage your in-depth knowledge of utilities and the art of strategic solution selling to build a business pipeline and to close multi-million dollar SaaS contracts
- You will work closely with your peers in Customer Success to ensure seamless delivery of Uplight’s solution offerings
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What you will contribute:
- You will develop a robust pipeline within your assigned territory
- You will apply a challenger sales approach to new and existing customers
- You will identify, reach and influence C-level decision makers, stakeholders and industry influencers within your targeted accounts and territory
- You will work closely with senior executives to develop sales strategies and tactics to close business and build reference accounts
- You will collaborate with other members of the sales team, Delivery, Marketing and Product teams to exceed customer expectations and develop multi-year relationships
- You will meet and/or exceed sales and new business goals while being well compensated for your efforts
What you bring to Uplight
- You have a BA/BS from a top university and/or a MBA
- Minimum of 7 years direct sales experience, selling SaaS, Services and/or enterprise software to C-Level Executives
- Successful track record of exceeding sales quotas and new business targets
- Thrives in entrepreneurial environment where the expectation is to contribute not only to client success and revenue but also to product roadmap and company strategy
- Capable of identifying, reaching and influencing C-level decision makers, stakeholders and industry influencers within targeted accounts and territory.
- Demonstrated success working closely with senior executives to develop sales strategies and tactics to close business and build reference accounts
- Client advocate that develops deep relationships throughout an organization
- 60%+ travel and/or customer face time.
- Experience in the Utility business is a distinct plus. Ability to learn the nuances of different segments of the Utility market including decision making process, regulatory environment and market influences
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we:
- Are proud to be over 300+ rebels with an important cause by helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Are committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Are focused on career growth by following defined career ladders
- Take our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
- Provide a 401k Match
- Have an innovative flexible time off policy
- Keep you energized with plenty of food and drink
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.