The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, synonymous with extraordinary service since 1892, invites you to join a new level of luxury Downtown Denver hotels. Home to a collection of 241 distinct guestrooms and suites, the hotel also boasts six unique restaurants and bars, a boutique spa and nearly 20,000 square feet of meeting space, making the Brown Palace as appropriate for an adventurous jetsetter as it is for a corporate-minded CEO.
In addition to being a part of one of the most historic hotels in Denver, team members will enjoy many additional perks of working at the Brown Palace Hotel and Spa. These perks include discounted RTD Eco Pass, free employee meals, discounts on services/F&B at the hotel and Friends and Family hotel room discounts. Come learn more about joining our team!
Supervise the daily operations of the Banquet area to achieve customer satisfaction, quality service and compliance with local and corporate standard operating procedures.
- Supervise and direct the Banquet associates including captains, servers, lead housemen, and housemen.
- Interview, recommend hiring, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, resolve problems, provide open communication, recommend and conduct performance and salary reviews, recommend discipline and termination, as appropriate.
- Supervise the daily operations of the Banquet area (order and maintain supplies, review set-up and food and beverage preparation and service) to ensure compliance with LSOPs and SOPs, Banquet Event Orders, safety regulations and procedures and to ensure an optimal level of service, quality and hospitality.
- Meet with the customers to review the Banquet Event Order and to review any changes, issues and/or problems to ensure delivery of a quality product.
- Calculate and review the Banquet checks ensuring accuracy and present the check to the customer for signature to ensure payment.
- Calculate and prepare the daily service charges and payroll ensuring accurate, prompt reporting to the Accounting Department.
- Monitor and control the maintenance/sanitation of the Banquet areas and equipment to protect the assets and ensure quality service.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of post-high school education.
- 3+ years of employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s).
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Requires a working knowledge of HEI banquet/catering food and beverage services, policies or operations.
- Requires knowledge of computer equipment.
- Requires compiling facts and figures in accordance with established procedures.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals.
- Able to set priorities, plan, organize, and delegate.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.