Pacific Medical Data Solutions is a rapidly growing nationwide revenue cycle management services provider that has been offering high quality medical billing services since 2004. Headquartered in the Denver Tech Center, we offer a rewarding work environment with career advancement opportunities while maintaining a small company, employee-focused atmosphere.
We are currently seeking a Coding Audit Supervisor. This is a remote position and will be responsible for supervising a team of coding auditors, supporting the audit review and education process. You would be working in a team environment with guidance from the Audit Manager. This position also works closely with the Centralized Coding Unit and PMDS vendor partners.
Perform Evaluation and Management coding, procedure, ICD-10 and HCPC quality reviews as well as other projects related to physician coding compliance. Demonstrates a thorough understanding of complex coding, and reimbursement, as they relate to physician practices and clinic settings. Keeps informed regarding current coding regulations, professional standards and company/department policies and procedures and effectively applies this knowledge.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervise a team of auditors, reviewing their work for quality.
- Provide clear, concise, and compliant written feedback to auditors.
- Identify coder and/or documentation deficiencies and communicate them to the management team as needed.
- Performs pre-bill audits for coding staff in order to maintain quality standards and offer feedback to management as well as staff.
- Participate in audit review and completion daily as defined by management, based on department needs.
- Abstract and assign the appropriate ICD-10, HCPCS/CPT codes; including Level I & Level II modifiers as appropriate for all diagnosis and procedures performed in outpatient and inpatient settings.
- Assist in the development and ongoing maintenance of processes and procedures for each assigned client revolving around system use, billing/coding rules, and client specific guidelines.
- Manage time effectively to meet all required deadlines and time-frames for client and department needs.
- Collaborate in a team environment with the Department Manager and other staff on a regular basis.
- Assist in certain client on-boarding projects from setup to go-live, as new clients are assigned.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations, standards, and laws.
Qualifications and Skills
- 3-5 years medical auditing experience
- Minimum of one year of experience in coding audit or quality review work
- Coding Certification through AHIMA or AAPC
Certifications: The following certifications (or eligibility therefor):
- Specialty certification
- Ability to create and follow written procedure.
- Ability to provide professional written communication and excellent customer service.
- Technical proficiency with computers, basic Microsoft software, and medical software systems (PM/EHR)
- High-school diploma (bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong technical and computer skills (PM/EHR Software, Excel, Outlook, MS Office, Web)
- Ability to learn new systems, software and client specialties quickly.
- Self-starter with little to no supervision
- Coding, Charge Review, Charge Entry, Billing, Bill Out, Clearinghouse, Rejections, Denials
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k Retirement Plan
- PTO and Holiday Pay
- Flexible Working Hours
- Remote work opportunity