Our company was originated on a simple idea: to leave everything a little better than we found it. In 1985, Greg Geiser founded Wedgewood with the purpose of doing just that - revitalizing communities, one home at a time. These days, we have continued to expand that goal of helping others. Whatever life changes may be going on, whatever the story is, we are here to simplify the home sale process. Wedgewood helps turn homes into cash, working on efficient timelines, and support homeowners in their move forward to the next thing.
Why you should apply:
Wedgewood offers our team members a competitive compensation, 401K, and traditional benefits like medical, dental, and vision. We also have many additional perks:
- INVEST WITH US -With Wedgewood’s In-house Investment Programs, you get to participate in the growth and profitability of the company through our in-house investment programs.
- STUDENT LOAN PAYDOWN -Wedgewood recognizes the importance of quality education so we have partnered up with Gradifi to assist you with your student loans.
- MAKE A DIFFERENCE - This is a great place to contribute to the community! Through our volunteer service, sustainable initiatives, charitable giving, and work with local universities, Wedgewood provides opportunities throughout the year for its employees to give back to the community for the greater good.
- WORK HARD – PLAY HARD - You can expect to get invited to various company sponsored events throughout the course of the year. Past events have included sporting events, happy hour, parking lot BBQs, bowling and bocce ball tournaments, office theme parties, and more.
About the role:
The Broker Assistant is responsible for maximizing the return on resale assets by maintaining knowledge of current market conditions for designated regions and strategizing to create the most optimal outcome. This role is the first point of contact for agents and you may negotiate offers for resale assets on behalf of Maxim Properties. The Broker Assistant will be well versed in all aspects of the real estate industry and must have real estate documentation experience.
What you'll do:
- Evaluate each offer and property to determine the best course of action for the asset
- Negotiate offers, counter offers, and other contract terms with consideration for the customer and the bottom line
- Sign off on final counter terms and price for offer negotiations and final acceptances of offers
- Maintain correspondence with agents throughout the offer submission and negotiation process all the way through the closing of each asset
- Responsible for ensuring all transaction disclosures and documents to cooperating real estate agent, escrow, and mortgage company have been sent by Junior Broker Assistants
- Responsible for overseeing the completion of important transactional deadlines for each escrow to include but not limited to removal of inspection, loan, appraisal and repair contingencies as negotiated
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy of all transaction documents
- Responsible for becoming familiar with the region's unique nuances and technology
- Monitor all transactions in the region and quickly works to resolve any impediments
- Elevate important issues to Regional Broker Assistants for proper review and problem-solving
- Responsible for the training, management and transactional excellence of Junior Broker Assistants associated within a specific region
- Provide friendly and efficient customer support for agents, responding within hours to questions via email, text, or phone
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent real estate experience
- Real Estate licensed in assigned region
- 4 or more years of experience in real estate
- 4 or more years of experience writing and negotiating real estate contract terms
- Management Experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to handle 45+ closings a month
- Ability to prioritize tasks and contracts each day
- Ability to effectively negotiate terms of sale and manage deals through escrow
- Strong phone and customer service skills
- Maintain a high level of professionalism
- Thorough understanding and practice of real estate business ethics
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office; Excel, Word
- Excellent time management
- Team oriented with strong collaborative skills
- Reliable, organized and precise
- Results driven, focused and flexible
- Technical proficiency
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
Wedgewood occupies 50,000 square feet in a state of the art headquarters in Redondo Beach, California and was named Company of the Year by the city in 2015. We also have multiple locations around the country. Wedgewood is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. APPLY TODAY, Let’s start your future with Wedgewood!