About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based startup building Mach-2.2 passenger airliners. Think Concorde but 75% more affordable to fly. Imagine a day trip from New York to London—3h15 each way. Fly to London for a business meeting and be home in time to tuck your children into bed. Boom's first prototype will rollout by summer of 2020.
Boom’s outstanding team comes from places like Amazon, SpaceX, Scaled Composites, and Virgin Galactic. Team members have collectively contributed to 40+ new air and space vehicles, including the Falcon 9, Virgin SpaceShipTwo, and the Joint Strike Fighter.
The company is backed by venture capital firms including Emerson Collective, Y Combinator, Caffeinated Capital, and SV Angel as well as individuals including Sam Altman, Paul Graham, Ron Conway, Michael Marks, and Greg McAdoo.
At Boom, you’ll have world-class colleagues and a flexible work environment. We don’t punch a clock, offer unmetered vacation time, and value our employees’ comprehensive well-being.
Are you passionate about building the future of transportation? Help us make aviation history.
We are seeking an aerodynamics engineer/lead to join the aero team. You will be responsible for managing flight sciences scope and schedule for XB-1, and leading the team predicting handling qualities, maintaining and improving aerodynamic models, and supporting flight test.
A typical day might include:
· Communicating progress to the XB-1 program management
· Updating scope and schedule for deliverable products
· Reviewing tools to evaluate handling qualities
· Soliciting feedback from pilots, or other design disciplines
· Reviewing analysis products from the aero team
· Mentoring and guiding aero team members
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate an excellent grasp of aerodynamics, and a deep understanding of how aircraft features affects handling qualities
- A relevant engineering degree
- At least 5 years relevant technical experience
- At least 5 years relevant leadership experience
It would be great if you had experience:
- Applying Agile and traditional waterfall program management
- Communicating complex technical results to a wide audience
- Driving technical decisions from technical requirements
- Verification of handling qualities against Part 25 or MIL-STD-1797
- Planning flight tests to gather S&C data
- Applying Matlab and/or Python to predict handling qualities
- Working hands on with aircraft
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.