Halifax Health is seeking a Registered Nurse for the Deltona Medical/Surgical Unit.
The Registered Nurse will be responsible for the delivery of care utilizing the nursing process of assessing, collecting and documenting data in order to identify nursing diagnoses. Responsible for establishing, planning, implementing and evaluating individual patient care and discharge plans. Provides responsible and accountable nursing care based on established clinical nursing practice standards subscribed to by the American Nursing Association and in accordance with the Florida Nurse Practice Act. Engages in collaborative relationships with peers and other professional disciplines, applies principles of leadership and assumes responsibility for professional growth and accountability.
- Currently licensed as a RN in the State of Florida.
- Bachelor degree/diploma/associate degree from an accredited School of Nursing.
- Certifications as required by individual unit/area.
- Professionalism in interpersonal communication skills with patients, patient families, colleagues, physicians and ancillary department personnel.
- Personal professional development, accountability, organization and leadership in the performance of professional nursing practice.
- Must be customer-service oriented and able to effectively communicate and build relationships with co-workers and key stakeholders at all levels in the organization.
- Professionalism in interpersonal communication skills with patients, patient families, colleagues, physicians and ancillary department personnel is required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, to assist in providing exceptional care for our patients and their families.
Recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures, Halifax Health serves Volusia and Flagler counties, providing a continuum of healthcare services through a network of organizations including a tertiary hospital, community hospital, psychiatric services, a cancer treatment center with four outreach locations, the area's largest hospice, a center for inpatient rehabilitation, primary care walk-in clinics, a walk-in clinic specializing in women's health, two community clinics, three children's medical practices, a home healthcare agency, and an exclusive provider organization. Halifax Health offers the area's only Level II Trauma Center, Comprehensive Stroke Center, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Emergency Department, Child and Adolescent Behavioral Services, complete Neurosurgical Services, OB Emergency Department and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit that cares for babies born as early as 28 weeks. For more information, visit halifaxhealth.org.