SUNY Delhi prides itself on being a welcoming college community for all. Diversity, equity, and inclusiveness are integral components of the highest quality academic programs and the strongest campus climate. The college seeks a wide range of applicants for its positions so that inclusive excellence will be affirmed.
SUNY Delhi seeks a dynamic, forward thinking, and engaging Criminal Justice Faculty member to join the School of Liberal Arts and Sciences. The successful candidate will join the faculty of our rapidly expanding associate and bachelor level Criminal Justice Program. The successful candidate will teach all assigned courses on the Delhi campus in a traditional face-to-face format. This is a full-time, tenure-track faculty position beginning Fall 2020. Please note that this position is teaching-focused, not a research-centered position. View additional program details for: Criminal Justice Studies (AA) at SUNY Delhi or Criminal Justice (BS) at SUNY Delhi.
Areas of responsibilities include:
- Participate in annual systematic assessment of program
- Participate in analyzing data and makes recommendations for curriculum and programmatic revisions where necessary
- Provide evidence-based instruction in accordance with the policies set forth by the College.
- Post and keep regular office hours for the convenience of students
- Participate in the assessment of course, student learning, and program outcomes
- Incorporate student service learning opportunities
- Assist in advisement of students
- Guide and counsel students toward personal and career development
- Track student's completion of progression requirements
Academic & Organization Commitment
- Serve on campus committees
- Mentor Adjunct Faculty
- Special Projects
- Participate in faculty meetings
- Participate in accreditation reviews and reports
- Engage in the academic and organizational life of the college
- Pursue scholarly interests
- Ph.D. with an emphasis in Criminal Justice, Criminology, or a related field. ABDs anticipating an earned degree within a year of position start date will be considered.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; strong attention to detail; and computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to teach undergraduate Criminal Justice courses at introductory and advanced levels for associate and bachelor programs
- Experience with online learning or online instruction
- Work experience in criminal justice, the legal profession, social services, or a related field may be helpful
- Demonstrated ability engaging in scholarly activities
- Demonstrated ability to teach diverse populations
- Understanding of the value of civic engagement
- Salary $50,000 - $52,000
- This is a 10-month academic year, tenure track position
- This position offers full New York State UUP (FT) benefits which are among the most comprehensive in the country.
- Click here for more Information for Prospective Employees
- SUNY Delhi has a strong commitment to Affirmative Action and Cultural Diversity. The College welcomes responses from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
- SUNY Delhi is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community for our students and employees. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of the background check.
To apply, please submit:
- Letter of interest addressing your qualifications and teaching philosophy
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three professional references
For full consideration, please apply by January 20, 2020. Position will remain open until filled.
SUNY Delhi is an AA/EO Employer