PLC Maintenance Technician
HydroExtrusions is a world-leading aluminium extrusion business counting around 100 production sites in 40 countries and employing 20,000 people. Through our unique combination of local expertise, global network, and unmatched R&D capabilities, we can offer everything from standards profiles, to advanced development and manufacturing for most industries.Since 1905, Hydro has turned natural resources into valuable products for people and businesses with focus on a safe and good workplace for our 30,000 employees in more than 140 locations.
Hydro is committed to leading the way in shaping a sustainable future and in doing so, creating more viable societies by developing natural resources into products and solutions in innovative and efficient ways to industries that matter.
Job Location: Delhi, LA
Hydro employees can enjoy several benefits including:
- Medical, Rx, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings Plans with Company Match/Contributions
- Education Assistance
- Bonus Plan Eligibility
- Parental Leave
Job Title: PLC Maintenance Technician
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical components of machinery and equipment
- Program equipment using buttons, keys and PLC downloads to program automated machinery such as robots, operate automated machinery, test for malfunctions and verify repair
- Able to program or modify programs for Siemens and Allen Bradley Drives
- Plans layout of wiring and installs wiring, conduit and electrical apparatus in buildings
- Able to understand the complex equipment process/theory of operation and be able to transfer that to machine PLC programs
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- One-year certificate from a college or technical school; 3-6 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Must have 5 years experience
- Basic knowledge of reading electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic schematics and blue-prints
- Experience with editing/adjusting reading programs and making changes to panel views
Care, Courage, & Collaboration
At Hydro We care about our People!
We care about Safety!
At Hydro youre part of a bigger story. A story shaped by you.
Please apply before:
Hydro in North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer where all phases of employment are based strictly upon the qualifications of the individual as related to the work requirements of the position. This policy is applied without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other category protected by law.
If you need an accommodation in order to complete the application, please let us know by completing the form belowor by calling +1 (412) 643-3602.