Greif, Inc. (NYSE: GEF, GEF.B) is a global leader in industrial packaging products and services and is pursuing its vision to become the world's best performing customer service company in industrial packaging. The company produces steel, plastic, fibre, flexible, corrugated, and reconditioned containers, intermediate bulk containers, containerboard and packaging accessories, and provides filling, packaging and industrial packaging reconditioning services for a wide range of industries. Greif also manages timber properties in the south eastern United States. The company is strategically positioned with more than 200 operating locations in more than 40 countries to serve global as well as regional customers.
Performs accounting procedures and reviews recorded transactions for accuracy and validity to aid in the monthly, quarterly and annual closings and/or consolidations.
- Compiles and maintains journal entries in computer system.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts and reviews general ledger trial balance for accuracy.
- Reconciles and maintains key balance sheet accounts.
- Analyzes and prepares projections on accrual accounts for accuracy.
- Generates and submits reports to corporate finance and plant management.
- Advises on OnBase and Baan issues as necessary.
- Codes and submits miscellaneous bills and expense reports for payment.
- Analyzes income statements.
- Assists in monthly and quarterly closings of accounts.
- Duties may focus on maintaining the fixed asset system.
- Aids in the monthly, quarterly and annual consolidation process for both tax and Corporate Controllers Department.
- Completes fixed asset analyses of operations and accounts.
- Completes special projects and performs other duties, as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent education and experience.
- 2-3 years accounting experience; manufacturing environment experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be able to handle confidential information and work with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, large projects, and multiple priorities within established deadlines.
- Ability to discern errors within highly complex or detailed work.
- Solid computer skills.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. For more information read Greif's Equal Opportunity Policy.