Receiving Material Handler
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Unloading of all incoming trucks using appropriate material handling equipment and placing of said material in designated storage area of plant.
- Verifying correct materials & quantity at time of receipt against packing slip, purchase order, drawing, specification sheet.
- Perform receipt transaction of material into SAP ERP system.
- File and maintain receiving records as required.
- Move materials between various stock locations in plant and perform corresponding transaction in SAP.
- Pull materials from stock locations per production order pick lists, kit and move to appropriate production area, cell or line. Perform corresponding transaction(s) in SAP.
- Close (TECO) production orders in SAP.
- Back-up/assist shipping as required.
- Perform sort and containment activities as directed.
- Perform daily forklift and overhead crane inspections.
- Demonstrates familiarity & consistently complies with ISO standards/practices.
- Completes work assignments in accordance with all safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Forklift Certification is required
- Strong math skills, visual inspection abilities necessary
- Attention to detail
- Ability to lift/carry up to 40 pounds
- Experience with cycle counts preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret prints and drawings
- Computer skills required (ERP system-SAP preferred and the Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel)
High School or better.
1-3 years: Material handling experience in a manufacturing environment