ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assembles and packages product.
- Perform assigned tasks within guidelines of lean manufacturing, 5S and standardization concepts. Ability to set and maintain an acceptable work pace. Effectively minimize downtime and distractions.
- Participates in keeping work area clean and organized. Applies and actively supports 5S standards.
- Develops understanding of customer quality requirements. Accomplishes work assignments with a commitment to PTI’s quality standards. Demonstrates solid understanding of documentation and utilizes other resources as needed to prevent quality concerns in a proactive manner.
- Willingness to accept responsibility, work on new tasks, and work well with others on a daily basis.
- Flexibility to cross train in own home cell plus have the ability to rotate or work in other cells as assigned.
- Understand safety policies and requirements and processes and work in a safe manner. Participate and practice good ergonomics on a daily basis. Practice good housekeeping.
- Develop respect, trust and cooperation with co-workers. Builds good working relationships with other employees. Offers and accepts help freely.
- Shows initiative to follow company rules and policies, encourages teamwork, continuous improvement in job responsibility and involvement in work environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to read and comprehend written directions
- Ability to use basic math skills
- Ability to learn multiple tasks/processes
- Ability to work safely
- Ability to manipulate parts of all sizes
- Ability to measure accurately
- Ability to visually inspect and compare the difference between good and bad product
- Ability to read workflow diagrams
- Must have acceptable attendance record
- Ability to stand for 10 hr. shifts
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
High School or better.