The Cost Estimator collects and analyzes data in order to estimate the time, money, materials, and labor required to manufacture a custom product or offering.
- Gathers proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents to understand scope of work.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
- Ensures timely completion of estimates
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Creates and submits estimates to Sales or designate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data.
- Communicates project status and delivery, issues and risk factors to appropriate personnel.
- 3+ years’ experience in estimating
- AA degree or equivalent
- Able to read BOMs, blueprints and develop cost estimates
- Strong understanding of cost estimating processes
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel
- Able to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment, effectively managing multiple priorities with deadlines