Chautauqua Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is a 180-bed skilled nursing facility located in the beautiful and historical community of DeFuniak Springs in the Florida Panhandle. Surrounded by tall pine trees, the facility has two completely enclosed courtyard areas that allow residents to enjoy being outside, and provide a great place to visit with loved ones. The Chautauqua team has provided over 30 years of consistent quality care to the local and surrounding communities. Services include skilled nursing care, in house therapy, respiratory services, specialized dementia care, certified wound care, and an outstanding quality of life program.
Are you looking for a little more creativity, challenge, and growth opportunity in your workday? Didn't think it was possible? Might be time to reconsider.
At Signature HealthCARE, our team members are permitted – no, encouraged – to employ their talents and abilities to solve problems. Our culture is built on three distinct pillars: Learning, Spirituality and Intra-preneurship. But this isn't just hollow corporate sloganeering. Each pillar has its own staff and initiatives, ensuring that our unique culture permeates the entire organization.
Oh, by the way, we're an elder care company. Our mission? To radically change the landscape of long-term care forever.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing residents with direct care and helping with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs).
- Recording resident vital signs, weights and measurements, intake and output, food consumption, and other information, as assigned.
- Participating in collecting data needed for the accurate completion of the MDS and plan of care.
- Routinely turning and positioning residents, while using proper body mechanics to lift and transport.
- Looking for ways to improve how we do things and helping make needed changes.
- You need to be comfortable working with new technology and be a critical thinker.
- You must be compassionate and have a heart for serving older adults.
- You need to be able to multi-task, manage your time really well with strong attention to detail.
- You need to be an excellent communicator and team player.
- You need to have a high level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
Signature HealthCARE is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran and other protected categories.