Requisition Number: PAYRO02356
Position Title: Payroll Administrator
Position Reports to: Payroll Manager
Position Supervises: No Direct Reports
Ensure accurate processing and recording of payroll, provide timely and accurate financial information, and participate in daily data entry of Payroll processing. Performs accounting activities such as payroll and general ledger reconciliations and preparation of various accounting statements and financial reports. Provide customer service and guidance to all employee’s as well as manage time and attendance and payroll spreadsheet. Demonstrate and implement our Trusted Advisor strategy to our clients and employees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administration of payroll for entire Company
- Ensures all payroll records including paid time off, overtime, insurance deductions, and tax forms are properly maintained and preserved.
- Completes required reports accurately and promptly.
- Assist in providing information and documents for Internal and External Audits
- Stays abreast of developments in payroll management, taxation changes and related legal requirements.
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, job titles, transfers, FLSA status, hourly rate, garnishments, benefit adjustments, determine if there is enough for deductions.
- Responsible for employee assistance and maintenance of time and attendance software. Run reports to verify hours are accurate each pay period.
- Provides payroll information to employees by answering questions and requests. Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures.
- Provide customer service to employees in the area of pay, benefits and taxes as they relate to their pay, how to enter time or time off , where to locate forms and information on company’s intranet, where to send completed forms.
- Good communication and coordination exists with employees, assistance and support are provided as needed.
- Management is appropriately informed of area activities.
- Accounting and Payroll functions are completed in accordance with established standards, policies, and procedures.
- Payroll documents, records, and reports are accurate, current, and timely.
- Accounting reconciliations are accurate, current, and timely.
- Assist other HR personnel as needed
- Travel requirements, occasional 10%
- Completes other duties as assigned
Education, Certification, License and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Five years of payroll related experience.
- Experience in using Ultimate Software preferred
Skills and Knowledge:
- Thorough knowledge of payroll procedures, policies, federal/state laws and regulations, corporate policy.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Experience in accounting principles and proposing solutions.
- Ability to communicate with staff, middle management and senior management.
- Solid writing, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to utilize technology in solving problems and performing duties.
- Understanding of related computer applications.
- Understanding of Customer First Fundamentals
- Responsible for knowing and ensuring compliance with applicable laws, regulations and guidelines, as detailed in policies that include but are not limited to Bank Secrecy Act and other applicable anti-money-laundering rules, Right to Financial Privacy, Fair Lending, Community Reinvestment Act, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, and other laws and regulations as they pertain to the position.
This job operates in a professional office environment. Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any hazardous or unpleasant elements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak or hear, stand or sit for long periods of time, open filing cabinets, walk, stoop or bend, use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and complete tasks requiring manual dexterity. Ability to drive a vehicle for travel is required for the position.
Premier Financial Corp is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other legally protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and the qualifications of the person assigned to it. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description does not constitute a contract of employment. Employment is “at will” and may be terminated at any time.
Job Code: HRPA
Position type(s): Full Time
Work schedule: Mon-Fri 8-5 or as needed for support