Responsible to achieve or exceed annual growth goals for portfolio. Accountable for the overall client satisfaction and client management activities within a group of large or regional Health System clients. Develops service, maintains, and grows client relationships for assigned accounts. Responsible for specialty pull thru and the satisfaction and retention of existing client accounts and for growing overall value to the Company through client maximization. Develops and implements strategies and policies relating to account management and profitable market access with an emphasis on increasing sales in line with business unit objectives. Works with clients to support and understand their overall business objectives and critical success factors including client service and financial expectations. Responsible for representation of a diverse product portfolio across multiple business units.
- Responsible for coordinating with Real Estate and Real Estate Law for the implementation and opening of new health system pharmacies. Responsible for developing Strategic Accounts plans for each client and coordinating with key stakeholders - market, specialty sales, market access team, and clients to optimize client satisfaction and retention. Attaining or exceeding new sales goals. Acts as SME for all clients related activity.
- Leads, assists in development, and implements client service programs which directly support both tactical and strategic service needs of the client and Company objective. Identifies, recommends, and implements process improvements, service model changes, new Company services and client satisfaction tools to ensure a positive account relationship which fosters client retention.
- Negotiates contracts and ensures smooth implementation and pull through of contracts through collaboration across all responsible teams (C&P, Operations, etc.).
- Implements and executes account strategies in collaboration with Sales/Account Management leadership. Key player in managing large Enterprise Clients requiring intense account management and client facing time.
- Manages customer relationships, and identifies opportunities within existing customers to increase account penetration, and capitalize on contract opportunities.
- Develops and fosters positive inter-and intra-departmental working relationships with other departments and business units. Responsible for providing a collaborative customer-facing, problem-solving environment with Sales, Marketing, Operations, and systems. May be required to act as liaison between National Account Director and assigned regional accounts.
- Responsible for achieving budget within assigned region or assigned accounts.
- Maintains awareness of current marketplace, competitors offerings, and contract status to more effectively address potential clients expectations and to overcome objections.
- Assists leadership with the development and implementation of sales budgets, profitability targets, opportunity analyses, and special projects. Collaborates and shares best practices with leadership and other colleagues.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazines 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
External Basic Qualifications
- Bachelors degree and at least 5+ years of sales and/or account management experience in diverse health care areas such as pharma, infusion pharmacy, 340b, managed care, and wholesale. Experience with meeting or exceeding quota. Knowledge of Specialty pharmacy.
- At least 3 years of executive/C-suite presentation, negotiation and sales closing experience for complex service line.
- Experience collaborating with internal or external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Experience providing complex relationship and account management to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of federal drug programs, community health centers, critical access hospitals, rural and small hospitals. Completion of 340b University and/or advanced understanding of 340b.
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry specific to payers, PBMs, IDNs.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships within a cross functional team.
- Experience presenting to and coordinating C suite/senior level meetings, including preparation of agendas, documenting meeting minutes, sending out documents to attendees and follow up.
- Intermediate skill in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and other CRM programs.
- Willing to travel at least 60% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Masters degree.
- Experience in managing in and selling to complex multisystem situations.
4170 LAFAYETTE CENTER DR,STE 400,CHANTILLY,VA,20151-01254-00015-R