Under general direction, performs advanced and diversified administrative duties for a Senior Vice President or higher. Handles confidential matters and performs support functions which require a broad and comprehensive knowledge of Company policy and procedures. May utilize the assistance of lower level administrative assistants when necessary. Structures and organizes activities of the executive to facilitate the efficient operation of the department. Maintains excellent relationships with others.
- Structures, organizes and expedites the activities and workflow of the executive’s office. Prioritizes schedules, develops and initiates system of follow-up for projects, meetings and issues to assure the efficient and effective management of the executive’s office.
- Screens correspondence and phone calls from high ranking Company officials or executives external to the Company. Determines the nature of the call and the degree of urgency and handles routine calls tactfully and diplomatically. Prioritizes the mail and responds to correspondence as appropriate, with limited direction. Represents executive effectively when dealing with internal and external contacts.
- Prepares and presents reports on special projects. Collects, analyzes, and formats the requisite information and data and maintains the database. Review presentation materials to ensure that the executive is able to effectively deliver the presentation to the intended audience. Distributes information to the staff as required.
- Communicates and/or coordinates executive’s instructions with various individuals and/or departments. Furnishes and obtains information from other Company executives or outside representatives. Handles extremely confidential and/or sensitive information of a Company-wide nature with the highest discretion and decorum. Answers questions and prepares routine/non-routine correspondence in the place of the executive. Obtains and furnishes information on behalf of the executive.
- Makes necessary travel arrangements, including ground transportation and hotel accommodations. Prepares travel itineraries for the executive and direct reports. Makes arrangements and coordinates all details for meetings, conferences and special events.
- On behalf of the executive, meets with the direct reports to gather any information needed by the executive. Prepares compiled information for the executive’s review. May recommend actions to be taken by the executive based on the gathered information.
- May manage various administrative projects. Participates in gathering research and generates reports as needed. Notifies project participants on timelines and completion dates.
- Assists in compiling and developing the organization’s annual budget. Processes expense reports and monitors incoming invoices. Prepares forms to process and pay invoices.
- May delegate work to less experienced administrative staff. May coach and mentor these individuals. Provides input on performance evaluation.
- May provide administrative support for multiple executives, either on a full-time or as needed basis.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
External Basic Qualifications
- High School diploma/GED and at least 3 years of general administrative experience (ex: answering phones, making travel arrangements, distributing correspondence, etc.)
- At least 2 years of experience coordinating and scheduling multiple events simultaneously.
- At least 3 years of experience managing calendar for 1 or more individuals (for example: setting up meetings and determining the priority of meeting requests and events).
- At least 2 years of experience working with individuals at the executive level.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships within a team.
- Basic email and internet explorer skills (sending, receiving, and organizing communications).
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: changing picture styles, customizing animation and/or setting automatic slide timings).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: adding developer tab, creating a macro, formatting table style, inserting comments and/or creating a mail merge).
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree.
- High School diploma/GED and at least 5 years of general administrative experience (ex: answering phones, making travel arrangements, distributing correspondence, etc.)
- Experience using Outlook or Lotus Notes for email and calendar management.
200 WILMOT RD,DEERFIELD,IL,60015-04620-00001-2