Drives annual planning activities, including portfolio reviews, roadmap development, benefit identification, program prioritization, and business case evaluation. Types of collaboration may include strategy reviews, roadmap creation, enterprise resource planning, cross-functional risk and dependency management, storytelling, and escalation as appropriate. Requires close connection with FP&A partners to facilitate planning process, taking into account the nuances of the Walgreens business and organization.
- Collaborates with Business Transformation Office team and divisional executives to assess company strategy updates on an ongoing and annual basis.
- Responsible for analysis related to annual strategic planning processes. Plans, designs and deploys appropriate reports and tools to support the strategic execution of programs and projects related to business strategies.
- Actively engages in annual planning activities, including portfolio reviews, roadmap development, benefit identification, program prioritization, and business case evaluation.
- Coordinates with Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) and business partners to incorporate business case material, benefits estimates, program updates, and reporting, as required.
- Completes the analysis of strategic and programmatic data to drive executive-level reporting and insights.
- Supports storytelling across the portfolio which will include making recommendations to improve value, growth and productivity.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on portfolio planning processes by ensuring data integrity and demonstrating a deep understanding of the processes (e.g., inputs, outputs, RACI) in order to ensure the data is contextually relevant, accurate and able to drive expected portfolio-level storytelling.
- Defines and implements process for continuous / dynamic annual planning and major baseline updates and elaboration.
- Leads knowledge transfer activities across the Business Transformation Office and ensures successful deployment of established processes and training.
- Responsible for data integrity / maintenance across all divisions. Enables consistent reporting of planned program metrics in order to drive timely, accurate portfolio-level reporting. Identifies data source deficiencies among company data and suggests path to resolve.
- Ensures assigned duties and responsibilities/project results are completed with quality and are timely and accurate in nature in order to meet project leadership expectations.
- Supports and improves strategic planning processes, metrics, systems, and tools which impact business outcomes and the achievement of value.
- Responsible for creating new processes related to portfolio-level storytelling (e.g., data dependency validation).
External Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of experience in strategic planning process management, portfolio execution, and/or Finance OR High School Diploma/ GED and at least 4 years of experience in strategic planning process management, portfolio execution, or Finance.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to collect, assess, and report on strategic planning processes.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience with portfolio management and/or governance support.
- Intermediate experience with MS Office Suite
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Advanced knowledge of business process management and/or portfolio management.
- Experience utilizing project management software and other standard project management scheduling tools, such as MS Project, Planview, etc.
- Experience with using advanced concepts to analyze large data sets (e.g., data mining).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table).
200 WILMOT RD,DEERFIELD,IL,60015-04620-00001-2