Senior Desktop Support
About JM Family Enterprises, Inc.
JM Family Enterprises, Inc. was founded by automotive legend, Jim Moran in 1968. It is a privately held company with $18 billion in revenue and more than 4,000 associates. Rooted in automotive and united in its strong culture and core values, JM Family is in the business of helping other businesses succeed. As a long-term partner, it is invested in its companies, associates and its communities. Driven by exceptional performance, current subsidiaries are in the automotive, financial services and franchising industries. Its family of companies includes: Southeast Toyota Distributors, the world’s largest independent distributor of Toyota vehicles; JM&A Group, a company committed to improving automotive dealers’ performance by offering Finance & Insurance products and services, dealership training and consulting; World Omni Financial Corp. (dba Southeast Toyota Finance), a captive financial services company driven to delivering an exceptional dealership and customer experience for Toyota customers in the Southeast; JM Lexus, one of South Florida’s leading Lexus dealers; and Home Franchise Concepts, a multi-brand franchise network consisting of Budget Blinds®, Tailored Living® featuring PremierGarage, Concrete Craft®, AdvantaClean®, Kitchen Tune-Up®, Bath Tune-Up™, Two Maids & A Mop and Aussie Pet Mobile.
JM Family has earned various awards for its culture, products and services, including 24 consecutive years on Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For list. Interact with JM Family on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
As part of the TechOps Team, the Senior Desktop Support will provide advanced site support for end-user-related issues and requests. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading hardware and software-related technologies. This person will be a contact for end-users to receive assistance even if the issue is not within their direct area of duty. The candidate is expected to seek resolution on behalf of the customer and provide superior customer service while doing so. Work will be performed in person and remotely by telephone or email, and must be done in a timely and accurate fashion based upon predefined Service Level Agreements.
The Senior Desktop Support is also expected to perform the following functions:
- Participate in a high-performance team and contribute to the team’s goals and objectives.
- Apply advanced comprehension of technology products and services to assist internal users. Identify and research end-user questions and problems, and provide appropriate services, repairs, training, and/or follow-up.
- Manage relationships with vendors and Managed Services providers by ensuring assigned tasks are completed accurately and on schedule.
- Provide superior customer service through:
- Interacting with other internal departments and external partners to resolve customer issues and accommodate customer requests.
- Maintaining customer relationships across all lines of business for daily operational issues and requests.
- 10 years experience or equivalent Bachelor’s degree
- Site support experience including related infrastructure technologies and whole site accountability
- Self-motivated individual with the desire to enhance their knowledge and continually develop their skillset
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with all levels (i.e., Executives and High-Touch Specialty Departments)
- Able to multitask and operate in a fast-paced support break/fix environment
- Ability to quickly diagnose and resolve customer computer-related issues
- Ability to work on tasks independently and assess and execute with minimal direction
- Ability to lift computer equipment
- Ability to work with and manage vendors and managed service providers
- Ability to serve as an escalation point for co-workers and the single point of contact within IT for an entire site
- Understanding and application of service management methodologies
- comprehension of current technologies and best practices in the information technology industry
- Positive team attitude with an ability and desire to help the team continually improve
- Possessing industry certifications is a plus
- Some travel required
- Event support is a plus
- Hardware - PC, Laptop, Apple, Digital and VoIP Desk Phones, Telecom wiring, Printers, Peripheral equipment, Wireless Access Points
- Operating Systems - Windows and Mac OS variants
- Specific Technology Products - Ethernet and Voice/Data Cabling, Networking and TCP/IP concepts, Apple Mobile devices (iPhone/iPad), Thin client hardware, Active Directory administration/troubleshooting, Group Policy troubleshooting, Hardware imaging
- Applications - Microsoft Applications (Office, Visio, Project, IE), Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop, Adobe products, Apple and Google Applications
- Special Skills – Not required, but a plus:
- Kaseya VSA
- Scripting (administrative tasks)
- Meraki Wireless Access Points
- Avaya PBX administration
- Citrix XenDesktop
- Audio and Video Conference Hardware
- A/V Equipment