The Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Project Manager (PM) in conducting safe and effective tank cleaning operations. The Supervisor provides direct oversight and hands-on assistance of both equipment and personnel. The ultimate objective of a Supervisor is to assist the PM and crew to accomplish a safe, successful, and profitable cleaning operation that results in a satisfied customer.
- Proficient in all Technician and Operator requirements and responsibilities.
- Knowledgeable in all jobsite activities, including all maintenance and repair procedures.
- Ability to substitute for any operator or tech.
- Ability to take and pass supervisor courses and exams.
- Comprehends the legal liabilities of supervisory decisions and is capable of balancing company objectives with jobsite safety concerns and relaying them to the Project Manager.
- Supervises the checking, filling, and maintenance of company and rental equipment.
- Supervises gauging of storage tank levels.
- Supervises technicians and operators and assists in managing project.
- Recognizes hazards inside the tank and job site and communicates them to the Project Manager.
- Supervises operation of air monitoring equipment.
- Supervises operation and repairs of various pumps, piping, valves and centrifuges.
- Completes required logs and documentation, jobsite calculations, and manages support personnel.
- Effectively and accurately communicates with Project Manager on all aspects of jobsite operations.
- Effectively evaluates personality conflicts between crew members and brings them to the attention of the Project Manager.
- Manages jobsite crew and third-party personnel with minimal supervision.
- Effectively relays all project management decisions to crew and relief crew.
- Maintains jobsite production in the absence of the Project Manager.
- Builds supply lists and keeps track of jobsite inventory.
- Assists PM in solving jobsite problems during all phases of a job, including rig-up, processing, entry, rig-down, and trucking.
- Assists PM with accurately completing client-required documentation; company paperwork; via logs and documentation.
- Competent in respirator repair and inspection including air supplied respirators.
- Capable of obtaining Tank Entry Supervisor certification.
- Trains all levels of personnel in all aspects of their job responsibilities.
- Exhibits a strong desire to gain increasing responsibility within the company.
- Communicates effectively with PM, management, customers, and crew members.
- Performs job safety audits, proficient in LPS, assists in incident investigations, and participates in on-going safety efforts.
- Ability to travel and stay on projects for extended periods of time.
- Trusted to leave jobsite for company purposes with company funds and return in a timely manner with appropriate accounting documentation of the funds.
- Other duties assigned.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects company assets, including intellectual property.
- Promotes and contributes to a team environment.
Cross-Functional Teamwork: To improve intra-departmental productivity, employee is expected to develop basic proficiency in and knowledge of the following positions:
- Project Manager
- Operations Manager
• Potential exposure to dust (chemical and environmental), fumes (chemical and fluids), exhausts and highly pressurized fluids. (Respiratory protective equipment will be provided when required.)
- Occasionally work under extreme climate conditions (excessive high heat index, 98% humidity, and sub-zero weather conditions) relative to geographic location.
- The noise level in the work environment is NOT typically quiet.
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent experience.
- Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- TWIC Card, 40-Hour HAZWOPER, Basic Plus Orientation, Confined Space Entry and API-TES (Tank Entry Supervisor) certifications.
Skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 plus years of experience within the industrial cleaning industry. Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and ability in people management.
- Strong knowledge in operating equipment used in service line.
- Ability to comprehend the English language, written and verbal.
- Mechanical aptitude and experience troubleshooting equipment is preferred.
- Current certification as an authorized Company driver.
- Self-motivated and driven to complete projects on time in a safe and cost-effective manner.