SCO Family of Services has provided vital human services throughout New York City and Long Island for more than 100 years. SCO helps vulnerable New Yorkers build a strong foundation for the future. We get young children off to a good start, launch youth into adulthood, stabilize and strengthen families and unlock potential for children and adults with special needs.
SCO Family of Services welcomes you to join our family and help us work together to carry out our mission to build a stronger tomorrow.
- Correct maintenance of paperwork, safety and all regulations.
- Reports directly to the program director no less than once a week.
- Reviews all incidents immediately and informs appropriate staff always including but not exclusively the program director.
- Assist in the handling of crisis and emergency situations.
- Available on call around the clock.
- Provide all meetings in conjunction with professional staff.
- Support of all support staff.
- Assist in the coordination of all activities of the community residence.
- Perform unannounced checks of weekend and evening program functioning.
- Providing supervision of all direct care staff.
- Manage incident reports and work collaboratively with QI Department.
- Oversee program staffing to ensure ratios are met at all times.
- Assist in the recruitment and hiring of new employees.
- Manage training needs of staff.
- Manage consumer banking and purchase cards with support from program staff.
- Program development.
- Ensure compliance with Non-Violent Crisis Intervention training and annual refreshers for all employees.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work with a minimum of two years’ experience working in the mental health setting. Must have experience with seriously emotionally disturbed children. LMSW/ LCSW Preferred. Must obtain professional licensing within 1 year of hire.
SCO Family of Services is an Equal Opportunity Employment Employer.