Social Worker - Home Care and Palliative Care - 24-40 hours
Sign on Bonus available! Medical Social Worker will provide direct care to patients as part of a multi- disciplinary health care team while making home visits in designated geographic territories affording them the opportunity to receive medical care while remaining at home.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Make home visits to clients in designated geographic territories.
- Provide palliative care consultation in conjunction with interdisciplinary team for community based patients and their families facing chronic, complex and/or life limiting conditions
- Provide clinical social evaluations and plan appropriate interventions based on evaluation findings.
- Identify appropriate community resource referrals to address the clients and families practical and environmental needs.
- Act as an advocate for both the client and the family, to navigate the patient through the community system.
- Participate in the development of the total plan of care with the multidisciplinary team of clinicians as appropriate.
- Accurately and thoroughly document patient care observations, interventions, and evaluation on the day services are rendered.
- Develop and maintain contacts with public and private agencies as resources for the patient.
- Educate and instruct patients, family members, or other patient representatives, in community resources to promote the patients health, safety, well-being, and independent living.
- Serves as a resource and support to patients.
- Identifies and responds to safety concerns of patients.
- Promotes and maintains an agency environment that is in compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory agencies.
- Participates in personal and professional growth and development including staff meetings and in-service education.
- Communicates with patients, families, and other health professionals in a manner that conveys respect, caring, and sensitivity.
- Communicates with the physician and/or nurse practitioner regarding patient status and medical intervention.
- A Masters degree in Social Work, LICSW
- Accreditation by the Council on Social Work Education, as demonstrated by school transcript or degree.
- 3-5 years experience in palliative care, geriatrics, and/or home-based care preferred
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills to include prior experience with electronic medical records preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation and a current drivers license.
- Current CPR certification.
Hebrew SeniorLife requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of their employment. All new hires must be fully vaccinated, which includes any recommended COVID-19 boosters, before their start date. Any exemption requests for medical or religious reasons will be considered on a case by case basis and must be processed prior to any start date.
Hebrew SeniorLife is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and competence and not influenced or affected by race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military status, veterans status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local law.