Position: Youth Care Worker Type: Full-Time Location: Decatur
Click Here if you forgot your login information
Recruiter: Jessica Stull
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of our youth?
Do you want a supportive work environment?
Do you want to be part of leading youth and young adults to personal victory and success?
If you answered “yes“ then Sequel Youth and Family Services may have the perfect job for you!!!!
Sequel Youth and Family Services of Courtland is an Non-secure residential program that serves adolescent Males, ages 12-18, who have been diagnosed with various behavioral disorders. We have an immediate need for Youth Care Workers. We have 3 shifts avaliable 1st Shift 6a to 2p, 2nd Shift 2p to 10p and 3rd Shift 10p to 6p.
Under the direction of the Shift Supervisor, the Youth Care Worker supervises and assists students in all program related activities using professionally acceptable methods and techniques. The Youth Care Worker shall ensure that youth's basic needs such as shelter, safety, food, and clothing are met in compliance as outlined in program policies & procedures and residential manuals.
Snapshot of Responsibilities:
- Directly supervises residents in daily routines, providing rewards and consequences as prescribed by the program's behavior management system.
- Maintain routine and order on dorm unit and during activities, to include basic living skills and chores.
- Transport residents to on/off campus activities and maintain resident count.
- Interact with residents in a therapeutic and professional manner to elicit positive change,
- Complete documentation requirements accurately and on time.
Schedule: Days will rotate during the week and hours will be during 1st shift from 5:45 am - 2:15 pm and may change based on the needs of the program.
This position requires a High School Diploma and for the applicant to be 21 years of age or older.Must be able to pass Backgroud screen, and drug screen. Experience working with delinquent youth or in the mental health field is desirable. Applicants with equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance after sixty days
- Company provided Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Company provided AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending program
- 401K after sixty days
- Generous paid time off; Balance of work/life
- Daily Pay