Your surprise is waiting! Come check out the opportunities at Marshalls, where we strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and work-life balance. Marshalls delivers customers great value on ever-changing selections of brand name and designer fashions at prices generally 20%-60% below department and specialty store regular prices on comparable merchandise, every day. The only thing better than shopping at Marshalls is working at Marshalls!
You can also feel good knowing that Marshalls is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., a Fortune 100 company and the largest off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide. In addition to Marshalls, TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, HomeGoods, Sierra Trading Post and Homesense, as well as tjmaxx.com and sierratradingpost.com in the U.S.; Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada; TK Maxx in the U.K., Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as Homesense and tkmaxx.com in the U.K.; and TK Maxx in Australia. In 2016, TJX had over $33 billion in sales, more than 3,800 stores, and 235,000 Associates. As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
C Shift: Monday thru Thursday, 4:00PM-2:05AM
May be required to work overtime, weekends or alternate shifts
Acts a liaison between the Distribution Centers and the Home Office Merchandising Department by representing the interests of Merchandising and Planning and Allocation. Ensures merchandise is effectively inspected and checked and that all merchandise meets the company value requirements for fashion, quality and brand.
- Ensures merchandise meets purchase order specifications.
- Ensures that merchandise is seasonally appropriate for zones serviced by their facility.
- Proactively addresses Vendor Compliance issues and opportunities in the way Vendors pack, ticket and ship merchandise.
- Ensures that the merchandise is of the correct value to our customers in terms of fashion, quality, price and brand.
- Challenges Marmaxx retail price and ensures that “comparable at price“ on ticket reflects the company standard of 20-60% off.
- Ensures balanced mix of color, size, style and quantity in the lay-up through packing process by adhering to company shipping philosophy.
- Ensures merchandise meets fiber content, labeling, care and country of origin legal requirements. Ensures appropriateness of logos, graphics, hangtags and merchandise to our stores. Identifies poor size breaks and communicates to Planning to adjust pack size.
- Evaluates merchandise not ordered and assigns appropriate description and retail. Possesses an in-depth knowledge of merchandise technical terms, fabrications and Marmaxx standards relating to quality and size requirements.
- Creates/maintains problem status logs to ensure special handling of problem orders.
- Develops and applies in-depth understanding of all DC and Merchandise systems to effectively problem solve.
- Partners/collaborates with all appropriate resources in the DC and Home Office to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with hourly associates, DC management and P&A.
- Understands impact vs. intent and adjusts communication style to achieve optimal outcome.
- Comprehends the implication of their actions to the company's bottom line as it relates to shrink and profit.
- Ensures that damaged/problem merchandise and RTVs are identified and processed according to established guidelines.
- Ensures proper handling and timely execution of LPRs.
- Collaborates with operations to resolve issues centered around overages/shortages.
- Identifies and communicates proper receiving, handling and routing of other DCs' merchandise.
- Must be willing to complete other task as deemed by management
Minimum formal education, if any, required to perform this job
Bachelors Degree or equivalent job experience.
Minimum job skills required to perform this job
- Strong organizational and time management skills as well as flexibility and ability to prioritize
- Strong PC skills including Lotus Notes, Lotus 123, Excel, Word.
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills in addition to strong oral and written communication skills
- Displays strong follow through skills to resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Utilizes active listening skills to effectively communicate at all levels.
Minimum experience required to perform this job.
1-2 years of merchandising experience
What's In It For You?
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package.
TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Decatur || GA