Our Dearborn Works facility is seeking a Welding Engineer. The Dearborn Works is located on a more than 350-acre site in southeast Michigan. Its carbon steel melting, casting, hot and cold rolling, and finishing operations are capable of producing 3.6 million net tons of hot rolled, 2.1 million net tons of cold rolled, 1.1 million net tons of galvanized and galvannealed sheet each year.
- Contribute toward development and continuous improvement of welding recipes and equipment reliability of each welding machine.
- Utilizes appropriate weld failure analysis techniques to determine root causes of weld failures and initiates necessary corrective action to eliminate/reduce such failures.
- Assists in the planning of equipment outages; down turn repairs; and the establishment of efficient repair/replacement of equipment.
- Assists in the establishment and assignment of preventive maintenance procedures for the proper care of equipment.
- Assists in the establishment and continuous improvement of departmental spares ensuring inventory control; the maintenance and repair of such spares and the establishment of procedures to control spares and the establishment of procedures to control spare costs.
- Works closely with Plant Engineering to ensure that drawings are updated in keeping with equipment modifications; to provide counsel for equipment redesign; and, to secure information necessary for the performance of the position.
- Coordinates the establishment of requirements, standards, and procedures for the operations of the equipment.
- Bachelor degree in Welding Engineering or equivalent required
- Broad welding engineering knowledge as well as general engineering knowledge and experience with strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Good communication skills; including the ability to work well with and motivate people;
- Strong sense of initiative and the desire to maintain equipment in world class condition are necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.