Service Request Specialist
Receives customer requests for service on hospital facilities and equipment. Assesses and prioritizes problem, creates work order and routes to appropriate technician. Maintains work order system. Communicates with customers and technicians regarding work order status.
- Acts as initial contact point for incoming requests for service or maintenance related to hospital facilities and equipment.
- Receives requests from external customers and internal employees via telephone, voicemail, fax and e-mail.
- Gathers information to assess customer’s need, prioritizes the reported problem, and enters request into work order system.
- Creates accurate work orders and routes to appropriate shop or department in a timely manner.
- Answers customer questions regarding status of work orders.
- Issues specialty work orders (Shutdowns, RSI, SMAP, Move) Contacts outside vendors for service requests on equipment covered by service contracts.
- Consistently uses tools and equipment appropriately on the job.
- Maintains and contributes to a safe work environment.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Moderate level of medical terminology and data entry experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills will be required in order to communicate with vendors, guests, hospital staff, management, co-workers and all other persons associated directly or indirectly with Beaumont Health.
- The job requires some autonomous decision making.
- Work is generally performed in accordance with standard practices.
- The job requires regular operation of standard office equipment, and ability to perform computer data entry.
- Demonstrate advanced proficiency in current Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) with the capability to master company specific software and databases and other business software.
* Beaumont Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.