Requisition Number: RECEP01975
Under the supervision of the Center Manager, the PACE Southeast Michigan (PACE SEMI) Receptionist responds to telephone inquiries from Participants, employees and other internal and external customers. The Receptionist forwards calls to the appropriate departments for follow up.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
- Handles all incoming telephone activity, including answering phones promptly, according to PACE SEMI protocol, manages call volume and opens and closes conversations appropriately.
- Records messages thoroughly, accurately and legibly and initials messages.
- Telephones select participants on scheduled Center days to confirm their attendance.
- Notifies the Center Manager and Transportation Manager and/or Transportation Dispatcher of all participants’ non-attendance for the day.
- Monitors all activity and in and out of the center.
- Supervises the front entrance to ensure no participant leaves the center unattended.
- As needed, prepares a weekly schedule for Team:
- Team assessments, team discussions, team care plan & enrollments, participant cancellations; staff off, hospitalizations, appointments, and monthly reviews.
- Monitors participant attendance, confirming this information with dietary and/or recreational therapy and enters this information into TruChart.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Requires a level of knowledge that is normally associated by completion of high school or equivalency.
- Have knowledge, skills and competencies to work effectively with populations of diverse background and a variety of ages.
- Requires the ability to function in a multi-task environment.
- Must be self-directed, flexible and committed to the team concept.
- Must demonstrate teamwork, initiative and willingness to learn.
- Must possess interpersonal and communication skills.
- Requires basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows programs such as Word and Excel.
- Must be willing to instruct others and be open to new learning experiences.
- Works in a clinical office setting with some exposure to communicable disease.