This position is responsible for maintaining and improving the quality of our Client's customer data globally.
- Monitor data flows for quality assurance.
- Develop/enhance data quality checks to proactively identify issues with production data.
- Research and address data quality issues using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Interpret results and present to both internal and external teams.
- Test changes prior to implementation.
- Consult with business partners and programming staffs to fulfill data requests.
- Additional duties as required for the efficient, smooth and timely flow of work and information.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Consultative skills and the ability to communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Ability to write database queries to extract data from Teradata, Hadoop, SQL Server or DB2.
- Experience with IT system design and development methodologies.
- Automotive data expertise with consumer and/or VIN oriented database management systems.
- Knowledge of data management standards, data governance practices, and data quality principles.
- Experience with project management principles.
- Knowledge of FTP protocols and mainframe skills are a plus.
- 3+ years in a data analyst role
- 2+ years data mining/ETL experience
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a global team.
- Ability to present clear and concise data analysis to management.
- Ability to lead issue investigation that may include multiple team members.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Required: BA/BS in computer science, management information systems, statistics, mathematics, or equivalent undergraduate degree.
Altair Engineering Inc. is a global technology company providing software and cloud solutions in the areas of product design and development, high performance cloud computing, and data intelligence. We enable organizations across broad industry segments to compete more effectively in a connected world while creating a more sustainable future. We believe a critical component of our success has been our company culture, based on our core values of innovation, envisioning the future, communicating honestly and broadly, seeking technology and business firsts, and embracing diversity. With more than 2,800 employees, Altair is headquartered in Troy, Michigan, USA and operates 81 offices throughout 25 countries. Altair serves more than 8,000 customers across broad industry segments. Altair ProductDesign is a global, multi-disciplinary product development consultancy which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Altair Engineering. To learn more please visit www.altair.com