American Eagle Outfitters - Sales Associate - 24 Hours - Mexico
231476 Requisition #
The Sales Associate is responsible for generating sales by providing the customer with an exceptional shopping experience. The Sales Associate maximizes sales by delivering efficient, friendly and knowledgeable service and ensuring the store is neat, clean and well-presented at all times. The Sales Associate is expected to role model AEO values and AEO Customer First behaviors in all actions and interactions in order to create a positive Customer First experience.
POSITION TITLE: Sales Associate
REPORTS TO: Store Management Team
STATUS: Part Time
- Consistently demonstrate the AEO Customer First selling standards in order to deliver a positive customer experience and achieve daily sales goals.
- Drive AE brand loyalty through being knowledgeable about all AEO loyalty programs and consistently informing customers of each program.
- Leverage company tools and technology to confidently provide the customer with product knowledge which will enhance customer engagement and maximize sales.
- Consistently provide support to fellow employees through sharing of knowledge, helping to complete tasks and/or assisting in customer interactions.
- Outfit the customer by suggesting key looks and incorporating latest trends and current promotions based on the customers individual style.
- Promote awareness and growth of the AEO and aerie brands by introducing customers to additional brand channels.
- Perform register sales transactions quickly and accurately in accordance with established cash control procedures and customer service guidelines.
- Ensure return merchandise is restocked to the correct product location on the sales floor; all damaged and defective merchandise is properly labeled and placed in appropriate area at the end of each shift.
- Maintain company brand standards of neat, clean and organized sales floor, cash wrap, fitting room and stockroom to ensure the store environment is safe and presentable for employees and customers.
- Execute efficient and effective handling of all merchandise from shipment processing, floorsets, markdown optimization and replenishment systems while maintaining backroom Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Proactively resolve customer concerns in a manner consistent with company policy, and with customer satisfaction in mind; partner with store leadership team on elevated customer issues.
- Understand and adhere to all company policy and procedures.
- Previous retail experience preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills specifically with customers, sales leadership team and associates.
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team.
- Ability to receive feedback and take action when appropriate.
- Able to stand and move about for extended periods of time with only short rest breaks; reach, bend, stoop, etc. to handle products.
- Available to work a flexible schedule to include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while working in a fastpaced and deadlineoriented environment.
- Ability to perform all Essential Job Functions.
- Proficient with technology.
AEO is a patron that offers equality in its recruitment processes and is committed to complying with all Federal and local laws and regulations. AE Mexico prohibits discrimination against partners or applicants because of race, color, creed or religion, citizenship or non-citizen, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, identity or expression of gender, marital status or co-existence, victims of domestic violence or harassment, genetic information or genetic pre-disposition, military situation or any veterans protected by law. All of the above applies to all activities at AE Mexico including, among others: recruitment, hiring, compensation, allowances, training, promotions, personal evaluations, discipline and termination process of a working relationship. AE Mexico also protects any different religion or capacity in accordance with the current law.