CLI Assistant Terminal Manager - Manassas, VA
Location: CLI Transport - Manassas, VA
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
Responsibility of assisting with management of all day to day operations and facility(s) of assigned terminal and satellite location(s) to ensure safe, efficient, and dependable service to our customer while ensuring a positive culture with highly engaged employees and to perform these duties in the absence of the Terminal Manager
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (other duties may be assigned)
- Assist the Terminal Manager by completing tasks and providing input involved with driver training and performance management; including monitoring efficiency, driver performance evaluations, and coaching, discipline, and termination of employees
- Ensure compliance with all CLI Transport/Convenience Management programs, policies, and procedures as well as all Federal, State, and Local regulations
- Ensure equipment cleanliness, equipment readiness and compliance with all Federal, State and Local transportation regulations
- Prepare Driver schedules to meet business needs
- Ensure Terminal and company communication by assisting with monthly Driver Meetings and via daily ongoing open communication, feedback, and follow up
- Assist the Terminal Manager by completing tasks and providing input involved with driver recruiting and hiring in order to timely staff open positions with high quality team members
- Ensure a positive culture for assigned location(s) while ensuring the safe , efficient, and dependable delivery of product to our customers
- Connect and build relationships with Drivers, CLI Transport/Convenience Management employees, Leasing Partners, Maintenance Vendors, Loading Facilities, Sheetz stores, other Sheetz departments and Local Police and Fire departments to establish positive and beneficial business relationships
- Assist with preparation of and management to annual Terminal budget and P&L analysis
- Involvement in strategic business plans and projects as assigned
- Lead and/or assist in assigned projects to support operations
REQUIREMENTS: (Equivalent combinations of education, licenses, certifications and/or experience may be considered)
- Bachelor's Degree in business management with logistics concentration or related field.
- 2 years supervisory experience in the transportation industry
- Valid Driver's License
ABOUT CLI TRANSPORT
CLI Transport, LP is the dedicated petroleum transporter for all Sheetz convenience stores. In 1993, CLI Transport delivered its first load of gasoline to the Sheetz stores. Since then, CLI Transport, LP has continued to grow with Sheetz and is able to maintain all the stores within the six state operating area with ample petroleum inventory.
Currently, CLI Transport operates 100 state-of-the-art tanker trucks out of eight major terminals located in Altoona, Harrisburg and Pittsburgh, PA; Fairfax, Roanoke and Richmond, VA; and Greensboro and Durham, NC. In addition CLI operates seven satellite terminals located in Selinsgrove and Sinking Springs, PA; Walkersville, MD; Mount Jackson, VA; Akron, OH; Charleston, WV and, Goldsboro, NC.
At CLI, our mission is to provide safe, dependable and efficient transportation service to our customer at a competitive cost. Our 300 drivers serve our customer best through a safe driving record, a professional attitude, and Teamwork! If this sounds appealing, then CLI may be the right opportunity for you.