Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Ball Aerospace is a prime contractor leading development teams at AFRL and NASIC. Dayton personnel develop advanced hardware and software systems and provide management services to solve customer problems and create new capabilities. This includes designing and developing software tools and threat models, performing extensive data analyses, and executing modeling and simulations using both internally developed and standard models.
Systems Engineering Solutions provides technical and professional services to defense, intelligence, homeland security and space science markets.
Technical Editor III
What you'll do:
- Proof, edit, write, research, organize, and format technical content for business proposals, program reports, hardware specifications, user manuals, white papers, and other documentation as needed.
- Review formal documents and publications for clarity, grammar, format, and compliance with applicable standards.
- Apply company- and community-specific publication standards, branding elements, style guides, and best practices to create high-quality, Ball-branded professional content in all materials developed.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Technical Writing or Technical Communication, Professional Writing, Journalism, English, or Communications with an emphasis or work experience in a technology area preferred plus 6 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school that is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Expertise in writing, editing, proofing, and researching technical documentation.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to interview subject matter experts, grasp key technical concepts, and distill information into technically accurate, understandable prose.
- Ability to condense or revise highly technical content into easily understandable text and ensure thoroughness and accuracy of all publications.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work multiple projects simultaneously, under deadline pressure with fast turnarounds.
- Ability to maintain a predictable work schedule with occasional flexibility for evening or weekend work to meet deadlines, as needed.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government national security clearance investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required. By applying to this position you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire, if one is required, to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.