Fort Dearborn Company is a leader in printed labels for the consumer products industry. Join Fort Dearborn and you will have the opportunity to become part of an organization that is committed to excellence and industry leadership for almost 100 years.
We are currently in search of a Plant Controller. A Plant Controller protects the assets of Fort Dearborn Company though the direction of the financial activities of the FDC facility. Ensures that all transactions are compliant with all legal requirements minimizing FDC liability. Provides daily support and added value to the Finance Organization and the facility. Performs all functions of talent management of department employees in accordance with company policies.
- Conducts monthly closing of financials for the facility
- Reconciles appropriate balance sheet and conducts operating financial analysis.
- Provides financial reporting to General Manager
- Conducts vouchering for accounts payable, billing and receivables
- Manages inventory control
- Conducts budgeting and forecasting
- Monitors fixed assists
- Applies cost accounting and production standards to taxes, property, sales and accumulation of Sales Tax Exemptions.
- Prepares reports for regulatory agencies.
- Hires, trains and develops staff
- Interacts effectively with IT, HR, Customer Service and Operations.
- Trains, coaches and mentors people. Ensures subordinates support related initiatives for their employees in accordance with company personnel management policies.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Management is required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Requires 4-10 years of progressively responsible corporate accounting experience.
- Expert knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles is required.
- Must have advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be able to read, analyze and interpret reports.
- Must be able to define a problem, collect data and apply common sense to solve the problem with little or no guidance.
- Must comply with established facility safety policies and procedures.
- Fort Dearborn offers a competitive wage and generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance and 401(k).
- May be asked to travel approximately 10% of the time.
Fort Dearborn welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Fort Dearborn Company is an equal opportunity employer.