Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch HERE to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Requisition ID : 4095
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Category : Sales Operations
Work Location : Davidson, NC (CSC)
State or Province : North Carolina (US-NC)
Potential Work Location : United States : North Carolina : Davidson
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY
Provide customer service and sales support to internal and external customers providing a value added customer experience.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Apply knowledge of all customer service systems, procedures, customers, products, and processes to perform more complex and diverse assignments in support of the day-to-day Sales Support effort.
- Handle internal and external customer requests as capable in an accurate and timely manner including answering inbound calls, emails, and service requests in a fast paced call center environment and utilize support center tools to drive the customer experience. Request assistance from internal support or supervision as needed.
- Order entry, expediting, processing of returns, resolving customer disputes and basic product related questions.
- Utilize work instructions and ISO process documentation to perform work as necessary.
- Meet or exceed individual performance guidelines for all phone statistics (not ready time, log-in/log-out, log-in duration time, call length, and % calls presented/answered, etc.) in order to contribute to the department's overall service level.
- May be required to work on project teams for continuous improvement, develop reporting on daily work and interact on collaborative meetings and/or conference calls; maintain, update and organize all standard work physical files.
- Resolve customer complaints as received into call center via phone or email.
- Follow departmental phone script, and participate in phone monitoring review and coaching.
- Attend departmental and team meetings.
- Drives the MSC Culture throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of MSC's mission.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- At least five years of customer service or customer facing experience preferred.
- Fast pace call center experience with knowledge on upsell/cross sell preferred
- MRO industry and/or distribution experience preferred
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Detail oriented problem-solving skills.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- ASI and/or AS400 experience preferred.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Customer service / resolving objections.
- A positive approach and a willingness to learn.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to coach and provide support to other team members.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That's how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Nearest Major Market: Charlotte
Nearest Secondary Market: Concord